Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I've been on a huge BBC kick. Something about their shows is just "better" to me than most of the US shows.

Top Gear of course has been a favorite for years. Sherlock (the new one) was massively cool.
Wasn't a huge fan of MI5 is basically just NCIS/CSI/Bones/Lie To Me all rolled into one.

The latest obsession has been Doctor Who. Didn't even realize how fantastic it is. And Billie Piper YUMMM...

What else?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just finished last season of Red Dwarf on project free TV. And yes Tom Baker is the coolest Doctor Who by far. But don't forget the 3rd Doctor (name escapes me right now)
He was the first one to get a car. And he was always riding around on a hovercraft and a 3 wheeler.
And yes I am a dork. And yes I have a remote controlled k9.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You need to check out "Being Human" the REAL being human that was aired in GB. The American version makes me want to vomit.

Also, IT Crowd is a die hard favorite of mine. Prob b/c I do that kind of IT work. It has inspired me to write my own sitcom.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
oh yeah, been waiting for new episodes since like '04 or whatever, and recently watched the new ones

Due to Netflix going down the toilet I am only familiar with 3 seasons of IT crowd. I was recently looking it up online and saw they have 5 seasons total and are starting up another one.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The latest obsession has been Doctor Who. Didn't even realize how fantastic it is. And Billie Piper YUMMM...
Forgot to comment, i was pretty obsessed with Dr. Who Until Matt Smith(I think it is) took over. He's the current Dr. and he is just a flamboyant retard. I wish David Tennat would have stayed on.

·
Super Moderator
8,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgot to comment, i was pretty obsessed with Dr. Who Until Matt Smith(I think it is) took over. He's the current Dr. and he is just a flamboyant retard. I wish David Tennat would have stayed on.
i discovered Doctor Who with "Rose" and thought Christopher Eccleston was amazing. When he "regenerated" as Tennant, I thought "wow this guy sucks" (well he was asleep for most of the episode...) but an episode later I couldn't picture the doctor as anyone except Tennant.

I still would like to find time to get through some of the first 27 seasons, but the opportunity to kill 500 hours of my life hasn't come up yet

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i discovered Doctor Who with "Rose" and thought Christopher Eccleston was amazing. When he "regenerated" as Tennant, I thought "wow this guy sucks" (well he was asleep for most of the episode...) but an episode later I couldn't picture the doctor as anyone except Tennant.

I still would like to find time to get through some of the first 27 seasons, but the opportunity to kill 500 hours of my life hasn't come up yet

I agree 100% I was pissed Eccleston lasted one season. But Tennant owned that role! He is the best Dr. by far.

I also cannot seem to find 500 hours of my life to loose on the first seasons. I guess when I'm retired and old and riding my bike isn't an option at that point of my life :)

·
Super Moderator
8,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree 100% I was pissed Eccleston lasted one season. But Tennant owned that role! He is the best Dr. by far.

I also cannot seem to find 500 hours of my life to loose on the first seasons. I guess when I'm retired and old and riding my bike isn't an option at that point of my life :)
i'm just going to plan that if I'm stuck in bed for an extended period of time and unable to work....

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
??
I'll be 62 next riding season. When do I have to stop riding?

Guess I shouldn't go look at that CBR954rr on Craigs.
What? No you should definitely not look for that CBR! You want a super duke :)

Meant no offense, everyone ages and retires differently. If you are retired or about to retire and still riding, I envy you!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,347 Posts
My current retirement plan is to try to work full time till at least 70. Stay healthy, then die rather quickly once truly ill.

Being shot once past 90 by a jealous, with good reason, husband is a classic dream way to go.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My current retirement plan is to try to work full time till at least 70. Stay healthy, then die rather quickly once truly ill.

Being shot once past 90 by a jealous, with good reason, husband is a classic dream way to go.
I'll probably end up working until I die. I'll do my best to ride my bike to work though :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts