Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah that relationship was just long enough to make it look almost like they still liked each other. Lucky for Levi that McCain/Palin didn't win or he would have been forced into marriage with that ball and chain and kid for the next 4 years with no way out. Teenage pregnancy works!!

Bristol Palin and Her Baby Daddy Break Up
Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are both single parents now.

The young couple, who welcomed son Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston two months ago, have gone their separate ways.

Rumors had been swirling, and Johnston, 19, finally confirmed Wednesday that they have been broken up for a while.

After being thrust into the national spotlight last summer, Johnston and Palin, the eldest daughter of former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, had said they were planning to marry this summer after she finished high school.

Bristol, 18, continues to attend Wasilla High School in her native Alaska and is said to be thinking about attending college in the fall. Johnston left an apprenticeship with ASRC Energy Services Inc. in January after local media revealed the program required a high school diploma, and Johnston had never graduated.

"You guys are watching him so tightly," Johnston's dad, Keith, told the Anchorage Daily News.. "He's being treated different than an average 18-year-old kid. He has to do everything by the book now."

But though we're sure an outpouring of support will be coming shortly from the Palin camp, Bristol's mom once had high hopes for the couple's potential.

"The road ahead for this young couple will not be easy, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy," Sarah Palin said in January, a few days after Tripp's birth. "Bristol and Levi are committed to accomplish what millions of other young parents have accomplished, to provide a loving and secure environment for their child."

Such a goal is still possible—it will just be taking place in separate environments.

"Bristol's doing okay. Tripp is fine," a source told People after the breakup.

==> http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b103969_bristol_palin_her_baby_daddy_break_up.html?sid=rss_topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories
Discuss here.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think the poor dude got out while the gettin' was good. Pregnancy is not a good reason to marry in my opinion. Besides, Palin is going to be in politics a long time. That means considerable scrutiny on her family and friends. Probably not the life this kid thought he was signing up for when he knocked up Bristol. Either way, I cannot believe this is what I am posting about on my motorcycle forum...sheesh.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
It was inevitable. Just another teen pregnancy with a baby born out of wedlock. Yep, she's a model of American family values...

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I suppose they're about as bad off as 60% of "best case" first-marriage types (co-habitators and kids of divorced parents have even lower success)... our divorce rate is embarrassing.

America isn't exactly a model of "American family values..."

a.s.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Yeah....put me down as not stepping up to congratulate the guy. Not saying they automatically must get married, but he has just as much to do with their situation as she does.

Yep, he's "lucky" to get out now.:rolleyes:

The quote from his dad is priceless:

"You guys are watching him so tightly," Johnston's dad, Keith, told the Anchorage Daily News.. "He's being treated different than an average 18-year-old kid. He has to do everything by the book now."
So he dropped out of high school, got an apprenticeship at a job where a diploma is required, and topped it off by knocking up his girlfriend.

(sounds to me like the dude needs some "watching". Pssst....hint hint there......Levi's dad.)

Oh, never mind.

WOOT! Go Levi!.....

....or not.

:p

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is this how you guys plan on treating Obama's kids for the next 4-8 years of their life? Didn't think so.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Is this how you guys plan on treating Obama's kids for the next 4-8 years of their life? Didn't think so.

Hi, I'm here to compare apples to elephants.

What is your analogy here? His kids aren't bastid children, they're very young, and are in no way similar or related to the idiot (younger) Palin and her bf.

So, um, no. Try again.

(McCain voter here)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah, um, Obama voter here.
Where to start? OK.
So her kid is born out of wedlock. So what? An unfortunate number of kids are born that way.
I'm just saying I'll lay a large bet that any bad behavior by Obama's kids in 4-8 years will be swept aside or at least not met with the same level of hate/contempt/whatever the hell you guys have for Palin.
I get Palin was not too bright. That was a large part of why I didn't vote for McCain. I guess I just think it's a little childish to follow this family's every misstep going AHA! Rednecks! It's a proven fact. Move on.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Okay dood back the Obama train up and put it in park. This has NOTHING to do with Obama. This has only to do with the public image on Bristol's mom Sarah and her plans to have been VP.

No one here is treating Bristol badly, were are just stating the obvious that she got knocked up cause she and he were stupid kids, like most teenagers that get pregnant. And because of the timing of this "Opps" they could haven forced into a long term loveless marriage of conviences as to not embarrass her mother has she been VP.

I've said the same thing to anyone who's been in that same situation of being a teen parent. This kid Levi was just forced into the worst spotlight that he could have ever imagined and he didn't want to be there. So now that enough time has passed to make it look legit the news comes out that we were all thinking from the beginning.

==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ar-A8hQXv4&feature=related

:)

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
JB and Exodus

1) It doesn't matter who you voted for to make a comment in this thread does it?
2) I don't care who either of your voted for, neither of your candidates wanted real change...

Exodus
3) Who cares about bristol palin?
4) I don't. Leave the kids alone.
5) I'm sure if one of his kids got pregnant it'd be the same crap. The media has nothing relevant at all to talk about so we here this crap all day. Oh wait, we could talk about the government stealing our money right out of our pockets and spending it frivolously on tons of crap but who wants to talk about real news! Bring on the kids!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Okay dood back the Obama train up and put it in park. This has NOTHING to do with Obama. This has only to do with the public image on Bristol's mom Sarah and her plans to have been VP.

No one here is treating Bristol badly, were are just stating the obvious that she got knocked up cause she and he were stupid kids, like most teenagers that get pregnant. And because of the timing of this "Opps" they could haven forced into a long term loveless marriage of conviences as to not embarrass her mother has she been VP.

I've said the same thing to anyone who's been in that same situation of being a teen parent. This kid Levi was just forced into the worst spotlight that he could have ever imagined and he didn't want to be there. So now that enough time has passed to make it look legit the news comes out that we were all thinking from the beginning.

==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ar-A8hQXv4&feature=related

:)
Ok. I agree. I shouldn't have mentioned Obama. My bad. I agree with your statements above, but don't want to see this turn into a thread about how Palin sucked and her kid is stupid, etc.

·
Registered
161 Posts
JB and Exodus

1) It doesn't matter who you voted for to make a comment in this thread does it?
2) I don't care who either of your voted for, neither of your candidates wanted real change...

Exodus
3) Who cares about bristol palin?
4) I don't. Leave the kids alone.
5) I'm sure if one of his kids got pregnant it'd be the same crap. The media has nothing relevant at all to talk about so we here this crap all day. Oh wait, we could talk about the government stealing our money right out of our pockets and spending it frivolously on tons of crap but who wants to talk about real news! Bring on the kids!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Did you just ask and answer your own questions? Do you speak about yourself in 3rd person also?:nana: "George is gettin upset!"

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok. I agree. I shouldn't have mentioned Obama. My bad. I agree with your statements above, but don't want to see this turn into a thread about how Palin sucked and her kid is stupid, etc.
Sarah is old news, but it sucks balls that SHE most likely had to tell her daughter to stand there next to the baby daddy, look happy and pretend to be in love with this guy. And Bristol or ANY one who gets pregnant in high school is stupid IMHO. Yesterday I found out that a girl I work with who can't be more then 22 or 23 year old already has 3 kids and I'm pretty sure she's not married to the father(s). WTF?!?!!?!?

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Sarah is old news, but it sucks balls that SHE most likely had to tell her daughter to stand there next to the baby daddy, look happy and pretend to be in love with this guy. And Bristol or ANY one who gets pregnant in high school is stupid IMHO. Yesterday I found out that a girl I work with who can't be more then 22 or 23 year old already has 3 kids and I'm pretty sure she's not married to the father(s). WTF?!?!!?!?
I recently found out that my first wife, who was pregnant at 15, had her baby at 16, is now a grandmother at 33. Is it wrong that I take a sort of sick satisfaction in knowing this? I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I suppose they're about as bad off as 60% of "best case" first-marriage types (co-habitators and kids of divorced parents have even lower success)... our divorce rate is embarrassing.

America isn't exactly a model of "American family values..."

a.s.
I was being facetious. ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Preganancy......

HAPPENS!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts