Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is:

She's an 89 Honda NX250. Purchasing it for the GF tonight. She's totally stoked. She'll finally have a bike she can ride that won't die at stops anymore (the Bandit saga.. don't ask). Plus it's light and really easy to ride so she'll get up to speed on it in no time. I took for a test ride and couldn't stop grinning (yes, she's agreed to let me ride it once in a while :) ). The pic is from the dealer's site. I'll post my own once we get her home & cleaned up a bit (not that it needs much).

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
She'll finally have a bike she can ride that won't die at stops anymore (the Bandit saga.. don't ask).
Don't ask? But I really wanna know! That was a cool bike - was there a thread somewhere about your probs with it?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't ask? But I really wanna know! That was a cool bike - was there a thread somewhere about your probs with it?
well the bandito spent a month at the shop, they worked on the carbs (there were some O rings & such missing, floats were very low, etc), they adjusted the valves which needed it, checked the ignition system except for the CDI which they couldn't find a replacement to test with and the thing would still stall at stops or really anytime you wanted. What I mean is you could be riding down the road at 40-50 miles an hour and pull in the clutch and loose the throttle and the engine would just die, wouldn't even try to idle half the time. Sometimes it would idle very low and slowly come back up to normal. On occasion it would work fine but not much. So after getting sick of the issues I though we'll just get something else. Found a guy who wanted it to try and fix it and he's got it now and I actually found a CDI for it so I'm taking it to him this weekend and we'll see, but neither one of us think its the CDI especially since Aaron said the CDI had already been fixed by Carmo. I'm thinking vacuum issue but really, I'm not worried about it anymore. I'll let Chris try and fix it, I'm done :)

See.. look what you did, you made me tell the story anyway!

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
See.. look what you did, you made me tell the story anyway!
Sorry!

If it's any consolation the Honda looks pretty rad too.

See, I used an 80's adjective for an 80's bike. :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a sharp little ride. From the pic, it looks to be in real good condition for an '89. Mileage?
It's got 7k on it and it really is clean for being 20 years old. I'm paying 2050 by the time I pay taxes, license crap, dealer blah blah blah fees etc. Goal was out the door for 2000 or less but this bike is just too cool to let it go.
Just needs new front tire (dry rotted) and a new right side footpeg (bent) other than that it needs a little detailing. For example, is there a way to turn yellowish-gray switch gear back to black or should I just repaint them black? The exhaust header will get a little cleaning and a shot of black header paint this weekend. Oh, having never put a tube tire on a motorcycle before (just on bicycles) is it easier than a tubeless tire? I would think it would be and as such something I could do my self with a couple of spoons and not have to have the big wheel mounting apparatus like for tubeless tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts