Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on everyone. NEW SVRider for 2020. Let's bring back SVotM!
I don't remember all the rules but these were a few.

1. Can't nominate yourself
  2. a member must have 20 posts to be nominated
  3. A nomination must be "seconded" buy another member
  4. Nominations must include 1 picture and owner's (member) name
  5. Nominations held from 1st-10th of each month
  6. Voting held from 11th-20th of each month
Did I miss any?

I remember looking forward to this every month. We used to get hundreds of votes back in the day. Can we bring it back?
Is there anyone interested in seeing this come back to life?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
There just isn't the traffic here anymore. It used to be that a few hours or a day would give pages of new posts. Now, I can go a month or 2 with about the same amount.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it's a shame. Hopefully the new layout helps get some traffic back!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey guys...after years away I'm back kind of... I literally just read through a bunch of the 2012 & 2013 SVotM threads and then it lead me to this post by Zuki...it was good times back then. I havent been on here in so long I had to retrieve all my login info and change my email.

Honestly I was a bit surprised that when I logged in it was abit of a ghost town... I was thinking the site would be buzzing with action from old and new members... hopefully it bounces back because this site was and is amazing!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I would totally support this, even though my bike is no show bike ;)
It is a bummer that traffic is so low. I was kind of hoping more folk would join with the 3rd gen coming out but lots of new riders are understandably looking to Yamaha for this class of bike and the old SV is becoming more of a niche bike. I live in southern California and even here I do a double take when I actually see an SV on the road. They're just not as common as they once were.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts