Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was just pointed to a thread from ages ago where certain members built a bike by donations of parts etc. And I must say the finished article was an amazing job.
So.... In an effort to live up to the high standards previously set by you guys I will endeavour to make my build epic and finished to the same high standards.

However as the name may suggest this beast will be female. This means tall, slender refined but most of all have bigger b***s and a worse bite than most fellas. ( Any ladies on here please forgive me as my wife actually came up with that one)

Basis is a gen1 frame that was left over from my mates gen1 restoration (we bought a job lot of spares). Triumph street triple front and rear ends including wheels and brakes donated by a mate who had bought them for a project that never happened, a race tuned 650 engine supplied by an ex racer who had it as spares needing a head gasket or 2.... The rest will be collected along the way in the same manner.

I have also just finished a full mechanical restoration of another sv from the ground up and have learned so much from this site I figured I'd share and give back if I could.

Anyway thanks for reading let the fun and cut knuckles begin.

·
MOTORADOR
10,817 Posts
Ages ago? Wow, that makes me feel very old.

Good luck with your project. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it was 2009 lol.

Just finished a full engine rebuild on a bike that was a restoration and I swear I've never heard a carb v twin run so smooth. New tyres will be fitted tomorrow and then I'll give it a test spin. Then I can begin on the new monster lady.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok it's been a few days sourcing parts and painting my mates sv pics to follow on that later,
Have the engine rebuilt and ready to go, have all my parts sourced just waiting on the post man for shiny bits so as soon as all is here I'll begin the complete build thread.

I'm after some suggestions as for frame colour though the bike will be black on black satin Matt and gloss, but with polished alloy in there too. Would you guys reccomend powder coating the frame and how do sv frames behave in the heat of the oven? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok been a few days since I got to post here but I've been busy finishing bike number 1 a restoration for my mate.

An sv650 complete restoration from the ground up every but bolt and bearing replaced, engine completely stripped and rebuilt. Fresh paint and it's ready for decals and road.

Opinions please on the flying banana...

Ill post some proper pics tomorrow as it's dark here now. It's as close to original as was allowed at least until we upgrade all the brakes.....

Tomorrow the custom build can continue properly. Engine has had the bottom end finished was waitings for pistons and barrels that arrived tonight by courier. Still awaiting the clocks and head lamp bowl from the land of sweet and sour, rice, and dodgey rip off parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok been a few mishaps sice I last posted. Half of my orders for the custom have either been lost or held up by customs, I've no ignition or clamps for the headlight, the new tank I got has a pin hole in it and the powdercoater has a delay of over a month to do stuff for me. But I figured I'd share this final assembly and decals on of the yellow bike. We have christened her the flying banana.

Since this was taken the wheels have gone to be powdercoater so it's now on stands until they arrive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok and an update.

All parts from the powder coated have arrived, I've had to bend the original rules for a clean tank as they are like hens teeth to get here in Ireland unless you pay big money so I broke open the piggy bank and bought one from a breaker.

10 coats of old paint and a she load of filler removed from it and I found why it was so cheap. Small dents all over like it has been used for target practice by a group of paint ball players. So I'll post pics later.

But, and this is the only good news. I have located a shed load of spares which I will be collecting over the next day or 2 which should mean that it will be up and running within a week to test and show the full mockup.

I'll upload pics later today when it's all laid out and ready for assembly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok well as usual nothing goes to plan. All power to the workshop has died. Need to run new cables as at the moment my house is a building site and the temporary connection couldn't take the big welder.... My bad.

But heres a pic of the upgraded brake system just fitted to the gen 1 curvy... Really like the look of this .

Also the clocks with aftermarket dial faces

And topped off with the powder coat finish on the wheels. The frame 9f this bike is done in the same metallic black.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Incase anyone is wondering the brakes and mastercylinder are off a 02 929 blade and the difference is unreal. It's 2 fingers for stoppie level fun. But very easy to control and feel what's goin on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts