Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok is one brand of fuel better then another? The guys at my local shop say that when they pull apart an engine that has bargain fuel or especially shell(!?!) the engines are a lot more gummed up then with other brands (locally it was chevron). So is it better to pay 10cents more to get good fuel? And if so I just moved to MN so what should I be putting in my bike/cars?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I use exxon gas because I know for sure I can get an extra 40 miles out of a 25gal tank in my truck regular-vs-regular compared to other brands. In the bike I get whatever is near when the light starts blinking because mileage is'nt an issue.

I seriously doubt anyone no matter how experienced or skilled can look at the inside of an intake and tell what brand or grade of gas was used, I think frequency of use makes more of a difference "fresh gas does'nt gum things up as badly as old gas".

Motor oils do have gigantic differences between brands, penzoil and quakerstate leave engines majorly caked up while castrol and mobil almost never sludge up, but that brings on the argument that since they break down rather than thicken they might produce more wear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts