Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for a while, found nothing, even tho i know it's been beaten with a stick.

what larger rotors would bolt on the stock SV wheel (front 1st gen)?

i have the SS and updated pads, but I want to experiement w/ different brake feel etc...

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Q

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but larger rotors would also require the relocation of the calipers. I'm not aware of any larger ones tha'll fit an SV wheel's bolt spacing, but there's some same-size options that you might want to try. The various wavys, obviously, or I think EBC do a pro-lite for the SV. Though it's not very lite, being heavier than standard :) I'm running prolites onmy Gixxer front end and they certainly work, but I don;t have anythign much to compare them with, they came with the wheel.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
why bigger rotors?? dual disks not good enough for yah huh? if any thing i'd drop the money and get the wavy disks. just cuz they look sexy. :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Braking or Galfer wave rotors are the same diameter as stock, but much lighter.  Two SV400 rotors would bolt up to the wheel, but you'd need adapters to space the calipers out.  For the money you'd spend you could bolt on a GSXR600 front end for the same money. I saw a complete one go for $277 on ebay with wheel, brakes, fender, clip-ons and triples.   That was a cheap way for someone to get fully adjustable cart forks and big brakes.  Not as cool as USD'd but very functional! ;)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
TWF said:
98 sv 400.it used single rotor but bigger than 650.
I have one.
This is interesting, I did some work on a local 400 a while back and it was the same disc as is on the 650 (his was done in, we threw on a worn old one of mine to tide him over). I wonder if there was a difference in spec for diffierent countries...

G

·
note that I said 98 sv 400.after that they went to dual rotors which are same as 650.
I have both bikes here,98 and 02.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
No, this was a single rotor one too. Odd. I think it was a French import, but that could be nonsense. All looked like standard parts, though I suppose some genius might have previously modified it for 650 parts.

G

·
Northwind said:
No, this was a single rotor one too. Odd. I think it was a French import, but that could be nonsense. All looked like standard parts, though I suppose some genius might have previously modified it for 650 parts.
dont know what to tell you.the one I have here is 310mm.it is Japan model,I imported them straight from Japan.
stock calipers also have plate,it would not be hard to make new plates to move caliper.they are just flat piece of steel.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Wasn't really expecting you to have an answer to be fair ;) It's weird though. It's not uncommon for grey imports in the UK to have really half-assed rebuilds done on them after crash damage, when the original bits are hard to come by, so it could just have been that. Interesting though.

G

·
Northwind said:
Wasn't really expecting you to have an answer to be fair ;) It's weird though. It's not uncommon for grey imports in the UK to have really half-assed rebuilds done on them after crash damage, when the original bits are hard to come by, so it could just have been that. Interesting though.
it would have to replace fork leg.caliper is same,caliper bracket is same,wheel is same,which leaves only location of mount point on fork leg.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.