Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I just traded my 01 TL1000S for an 00 SVS (from ChibbMD). It's a great bike and I'm happy with the trade. ;D

On the TL, I upgraded the 4 piston Calipers to some 6-pot calipers. So, I'm used to some good braking. I still have the 4-pot calipers from the TLS and wondered if anybody has ever made an adapter bracket to mount these brakes? Does anybody have any schematics for what this adapter would look like. I have access to a machine shop so I could have it made up fairly easy. Just wondering if it had been done, so that maybe I don't have to "re-invent the wheel"

Also, is there any reason I shouldn't do this? I have the calipers already, so It really shouldn't cost me anything. It's the stock SV suspension, but it has been "worked" so there is not the normal front end dive under braking, so that shouldn't be an issue. Is there a difference in rotor size? Does it matter?

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm wanting to do the same thing to my 03. I have a set of calipers off of a GSXR600 2000 model I want to mount, like I really need more braking power. I just want better feed back. (feel) ::)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Personally I reckon that the stock front end isn't really up to dealing with any more brakes than you can achieve with the stock calipers (upgraded pads, maybe stainless lines, upgraded M/C if you want more feel) But then, I've not tried it :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think the single biggest improvement I saw with my brakes was switching to a Brembo mc off of a Ducati Super Sport. Other things I've done are: GSXR front, Goodridge braided lines, EBC kevlar pads. I also think you'd spend a lot getting adapter plates made when it might just be cheaper or not much mroe expensive to put a new front end on and sell your old parts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have access to a "low tech" machine shop (no cnc). I'm more interested to see if any one has any CAD drawings or measurements for the various parts of the brackets. It doesn't seem hard to make, I am just being lazy ;)

Also, what do y'all think it should be made out of? aluminum or steel? I would think I would need substantially more aluminum to make it strong enough. I took a quick glance at the factory setup and it looks to be just a steel adapter plate. The choice may be forced if I have to machine a whole lot of it, as aluminum is easier to machine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.