Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1] how many clicks do you guys usually get out of your brake pads, providing you actually use them [somewhat :lol: ] when braking.
[i have 10000k on the factory ones and wondering if i should replace them at teh 12000k service.....?]

2] what brand/specification/model of pads do you recomend?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
110 Posts
How long your pads last is totally dependant on how you ride. Note that track days kill OEM pads.

That's good though, because the stock pads are junk. Go get yourself some quality sintered pads, you will not be dissapointed (also good time to instal SS lines).

I am partial to Carbone Lorraine SBK3s for the street.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess a better question would be how can you tell they are due for replacement? nad is it a DIY job or would a wrench-challenged individual better off paying the dealer?

·
Registered
369 Posts
gqelements said:
i guess a better question would be how can you tell they are due for replacement? nad is it a DIY job or would a wrench-challenged individual better off paying the dealer?
When your riding along on the highway at about 80 start to tailgate the nearest trailer. when he stops short and you slam into him it might be time to change your brake pads. :lol:

·
Registered
430 Posts
gqelements said:
I changed my stock pads at about 20k with EBC HH pads and ss lines. (first the pads, 6 months later the lines. Best mod for the $ next to fork springs and oil)

changing pads is one of the more simple jobs you can do. No skill required. just don't squeeze the lever with to calipers off the rotor and you'll be fine. Changing the lines is a bit more work (bleeding the lines is not rocket science but takes some paitence the old fashioned way)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am at 23,000 miles or so on the stock pads. They seem to have plenty of friction material left on them.

-josh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts