Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but did not find what I was looking for..
It's brake and rotors time for my sv 1k. EBay has carbon kevlar pads for $20 shipped...anyone use those and like it?
Also looking at waved rotors front and back for about $170. Other than the look, and heat displacement, are there any advantages to them over the stock rotors? Also do they "eat the pads" faster than the stock ones?
Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
$170...each? I'd think. $20 pads sound way, way too cheap too. But, all I know is the ones I've put on mine...the EBC Extreme's and they were pricey, but work well.

On the rotors, it seems like a mixed bag from what I've read. The aftermarket versions won't do anything more than the stockers from a functional standpoint. But, some aren't made nearly as well and though they look nice...suffer doing their actual function. Almost guaranteed to be coming from China, which isn't always bad but can be if the metallurgy isn't up to snuff. At least the Factory rotors can be counted on to be consistently good. Sorry, that was a lot of writing with almost no info!:)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't know who has been brave enough to use these cheap chinese eBay rotors, but it would sure be nice to hear some reports from people who have ACTUALLY USED THEM ON THEIR OWN BIKE.

We already have enough second hand opinions about how lousy they are, and how no one should trust their life to them.

Rant over...

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
I don't know who has been brave enough to use these cheap chinese eBay rotors, but it would sure be nice to hear some reports from people who have ACTUALLY USED THEM ON THEIR OWN BIKE.

We already have enough second hand opinions about how lousy they are, and how no one should trust their life to them.

Rant over...
with alot of things, i would say your complaint is valid. but these are brake components. they decide whether you stop safely or go splat on the side of a building.

id much rather spend the extra cash with a tried and true company instead of the ebay stuff....with brakes anyway.

·
Registered
862 Posts
EBC HH pads are working great for me.

I'de rather have stock rotors then ones that may warp easily, or who knows what other failure. It's your brakes man, spend the money for a quality product and live to spend your money another day.

·
Registered
392 Posts
but these are brake components. they decide whether you stop safely or go splat on the side of a building.

id much rather spend the extra cash with a tried and true company instead of the ebay stuff....with brakes anyway.
:iamwithstupid:
Brakes and Tires are the very last place to save a nickle on your ride in my opinion.
I would stick with the good stuff. Any of the name brand HH pads are going to be good. Actually the stock pads are pretty darn good. I prefer the CL XBK5 for street use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts