Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Brake Line Help

921 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Salty Sway 
#1 ·
Hi there! First post on here but I have a 2008 SV650S and have only been riding for six months. I'm planning on getting new brake lines but am unsure as who to go with. I've heard mixed reviews about Galfer, but would like to see what others might recommend. I'm still a noob to all of this so I apologize in advance to any questions that might seem like common sense.

Any feedback would be great! Thank you!

#2 · (Edited)
I don't think it really matters as long as you use a quality manufacturer like Galfer, Spiegler, Venhill, HEL, EBC, etc. The main difference I see is how the banjo fittings are attached to the lines and the options for colors and materials.

I'd say first do a good flush with a quality DOT4 brake fluid, use a set of fresh HH sintered pads, thoroughly degrease the rotors, clean your pistons and grease the sliding pins, and you should have pretty good brakes already. That will make more of a difference than new lines IMO.

#4 ·
Agree all are good, had a problem with the banjo coating on a Venhill line, coating came off and the banjo started to rust. I used Core Moto on the SV, a custom line that requires some measurement. Liked it enough that I'm going to replace lines on another bike with a set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.