Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys/girls, will the tail turn signal mod mentioned in the tips and tricks section work with a hotbodies undertail w/built in led blinkers. i see it says to remove your stock blinkers.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yeah, the Hot Bodies undertail... I understand completely why you want to do something about the the turn signals -- they're virtually invisible in daylight. I went the route of the integrated brake/turn light, and never even installed the blasted thing. Consensus was that it was almost worse, as it not only made the blinker hard to see, it made the brake light hard to see.

What I did was to add some LED strips to the tail (got them on here: http://www.bikerhiway.com/flexible-led-light-strip-amber-leds-clear-tube-p-311.html). I put mine on the outside of the tail fairing so they're visible from the side as well as the back. Just an idea. Wired them right in to the existing circuit as an add-on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
go for the clear alternatives integrated tail light ive got it on mine and it looks the shiz bright in daylight blinding at night lol. i picked an official one of ebay not a knock off and it works a charm just make sure u get a flasher relay and not bother with the resistors

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have the hot bodies undertail the signals are hard to see,what i did was drill the passenger stantions and added two red leds per side just tied into the signal circut so they flash as well

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think im going to try the integrator that ties in the brakes with the blinkers seems like the best and cleanest option. i found one at yanashiki.com $60 im also going to try the parking light to blinker kit found at bikelightz.com $25 looks cool and sounds like i wont have to piece together anything. i will be selling the block off plates since i already have flush mount- clears in front.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Note that you need to check your local laws and regulations before you make any lighting changes. In many areas integrators are illegal. In some areas they are illegal even if you leave the stock indicators in place and in service.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
lol...yeah dont have to worry bout laws in FL....they dont even require motorcycles to have turn signals....
does anyone have pictures showing the difference between the clear and smoke clear alternatives

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the clear alt. are nice i just really like the factory red lights. havnt done anything about this yet cause i spent the money on a suzi hugger.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The clear alternatives are cheap and burn out easily. The stock lamp is much brighter. I would not recommend it for a daily driver. Within two months of fall driving several LEDs went out and the lens cracked.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Are their any type of integrated rear blinkers you do recommend? I have an undertail with terrible blinkers as well. Looking to add others. I thought the integrated brake and blinker option would be the best, but I am also looking into LED strips to add to the back somewhere custom.

Whats your opinions on the best option for rear custom blinkers?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there is a box sold by yanashiki that allows the stock brakes to blink.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i think im going to try the integrator that ties in the brakes with the blinkers seems like the best and cleanest option. i found one at yanashiki.com $60 im also going to try the parking light to blinker kit found at bikelightz.com $25 looks cool and sounds like i wont have to piece together anything. i will be selling the block off plates since i already have flush mount- clears in front.
Do you have a direct link to the biklightz? I couldn't find the integrated signal.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The 2nd gen LEDs are wired by row, not column. You can't make the sides blink individually w/o taking it apart and rewiring the circuit board.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The 2nd gen LEDs are wired by row, not column. You can't make the sides blink individually w/o taking it apart and rewiring the circuit board.

I was gonna say, I'm no genius but uhhh duh lol. To make the first gens blink is kinda idiot proof. You just tap in your blinker wires to the separate bulbs lol.

So back to my question.....Does anyone have a decent solution to nice rear blinkers that look good and work well

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have done the parking lights into turn signals mod.. I just bought the amber wleds from superbrightleds I also have flush mounts from greggs customs so it is visible from any angle really. If anyone needs help with this, feel free to PM me.

I also have a clear alternatives integrated brake light, they must have changed the leds on these. Mine is only a couple weeks old and is basically as bright as the stock brake light as far as I can tell. The connecter that connects to the brake light sucks though. It kept coming lose and I eventually just put a bunch of tape around it, hoping I wont have any more problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The clear alternatives are cheap and burn out easily. The stock lamp is much brighter. I would not recommend it for a daily driver. Within two months of fall driving several LEDs went out and the lens cracked.
+1 on that. The guy who owned my bike before me put the Clear Alternatives integrated tail lamp on. My friend who was following behind me one day said that it was almost impossible to see the turn signal, and the brake light function wasn't much better. Before this, I was wondering why I was signalling way in advance in traffic, but cars in the lanes beside me were acting like they didn't even know I wanted to merge. I know people are dicks, but not to that degree.

I spent $10 on a stock assembly on Ebay and plugged it in to test.... MUCH BETTER. Uncomfortably bright to look at. I just spent the afternoon swapping back to the stock brake light with some aftermarket LED turn signals.

The Clear Alternatives unit I removed had some burnt-out LED modules, which is odd for LEDs that are supposed to last for years and years. I asked the previous owner and he put in on less than a year ago. I tried contacting the company to obtain service, but no response other than an automoated reply email. Steer clear from these guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts