Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first SV...did all of my homework so I know I got a great deal on an amazing bike...and the guy did a lot of work to the bike before he sold it ($2700 on things like tires, plugs, new carbs, new calipers, etc etc...). I noticed a few scuffs on the right hand side (small dent on the top of tank, small quarter sized scuff on the top of the tail and some scratches on the windscreen...he said it was the movers when he moved from Ohio to Texas.

He told me the brake light stays on...but when he was showing it to me, it worked just fine...he scratched his head and said, "maybe she likes you."

I rode her home last night and noticed a few things, it seems the metal part that the brake lever returns to moves when I pull the front brake in. It was late, so I couldn't really inspect her too thoroughly...but I will today. I bought a repair manual and will thumb through it tonight, but I wanted to ask if anybody knows what I should look for to fix this problem.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Yeah, i had the same problem...worked when i was looking over the bike(i checked all the lights) and then i got it home after i changed the oil and put new tires on it, the brake light was always on...

Turned out on th way home in the trailer the connection on the sensor for the front brake came off, which made the brakelight stay on.

Check that connection, it may just be loose.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
It's probably your rear brake switch out of adjustment. Look at the right side of the bike. Center on the right pilot's peg. Behind the ankle guard is the rear brake master cylinder.

Attached to all that is a black cylinder with a plastic hex nut on it. There's a spring running from the bottom to your assembly. Turn that hex nut GENTLY in or out until the light JUST turns on when you engage the brake pedal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet. I'll tinker with both and find out what's going on. Any pics of the front contact point? If not...I'm sure I can figure it out. I'm clever like a mongoose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts