Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just got my first SV, an 04 1kS. The first thing I noticed that needs attention is the brake lever. It doesnt seem to release all the way so the brake light is always on. I can move it forward and it will click the switch and and turn off the brake light but just resting there the brake light is always on. Is this a common problem? And ideas where to start on fixing it? I'm very familiar with wrenchin on cars but bikes are still pretty new territory for me.

Thanks!

Blake

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
If you look on the bottom of the lever perch (the perch is attached to the bars, and the lever is bolted to the perch) there is a switch there. Can you see if you loosen the switch (2 screws I believe) will it adjust so that it's not actuated when the lever is resting? Don't forget to tighten the screws when you're done, of course...

Just for reference- do you have stock levers or aftermarket levers?

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
If the lever is not springing back all the way, you may need to remove the bolt from the lever and lube the area where the lever enters the master cyl. perch. Another possibility to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.