Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2020 sv650x, however to my surprise it still uses the outdated 2 piston calipers. I was wondering if switching to the 2019 sv650 4 pot piston brakes would be a direct fit or does it require some modifications to make it work?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part Automotive lighting

·
Registered
162 Posts
Earlier you said it had 4 pot calipers

"I have a 2020 sv650x with the upgraded four piston tokico brakes. I was wondering if all brake pads from all 3rd gen SV650's were usable."

Yours should have 4 pot calipers unless someone has swapped the front forks from an earlier model.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Can you post a photo of your calipers?
The caliper one you posted is a 4-pot one.
If you have 2-pot calipers, you will need adapters to install 4-pot ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

"I have a 2020 sv650x with the upgraded four piston tokico brakes. I was wondering if all brake pads from all 3rd gen SV650's were usable."

Yours should have 4 pot calipers unless someone has swapped the front forks from an earlier model.
I was mistaken. I was changing brake pads when I reluctantly found out it isn't the updated ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That's probably what happened, I gave a call to my dealership but they've only provided vague answers which lead to nothing. The license plate is registered as a 2020 but during changing brake pads, they're the old ones.

·
Registered
79 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts