Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after reading the Tips section of the this page, I kinda want to paint my brake calipers. Heres where you all come in...I need suggestions as to color. I mean they have the usual, red, blue, yellow, white etc etc what do you guys think I should paint mine?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
ASCSurveyor said:
Painting the calipers will only hold in the heat caused by the friction. Bad. VERY BAD. Do NOT paint your calipers!
Yeah really. I'm tempted to laugh at this idea.


I'd leave em black. If you've gotta, maybe silver if it matches perfectly, or gold. But I think black is best in your scenario.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
ASCSurveyor said:
Painting the calipers will only hold in the heat caused by the friction.  Bad.  VERY BAD.  Do NOT paint your calipers!
Yea...and a thin layer of paint's going to do this?

I've seen a lot of cars and bikes with painted rotors...and they haven't spontaneously detonated yet. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
Yea...and a thin layer of paint's going to do this?

I've seen a lot of cars and bikes with painted rotors...and they haven't spontaneously detonated yet. ;)
wow, wouldnt that be a site! :eek:

my vote is leavin them black. not because painting it is bad or anything like that, it just looks best. black and silver
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
How many horsepower does that add?  Does it corner better?  

OK so I guess its not my cup of tea.  That said...

GREEN

I really do like a green and silver color scheme. Check out the Benelli TRE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
keep them black... Other colors would draw the eye too much... Do you really want the first thing people notice is your stock brakes??

I would say red if you really must. It would seem that this is a standard color in highend sports cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
Jared McDonley said:
keep them black... Other colors would draw the eye too much... Do you really want the first thing people notice is your stock brakes??

I would say red if you really must. It would seem that this is a standard color in highend sports cars.
That's a good point...if you mounted up some beefier calipers from a gixxer you'd want to flaunt them more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
Novadesigns said:
Um, you do know that they are already painted, right?
Besides there is paint made especially for painting calipers. If you strip them first and them paint them I see no reason why it would reduce their effectiveness.
I thought they were powder coated, not paint ???
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top