Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
(y)

The professional skeptic (friends and family accuse me of being the worst, :D) would be swapping that line in and out with the other line, like 10 times, until certain the cause.
I don't have the time. A beautiful time of year is approaching, and I want to be able to take advantage of it. And I'm impatient.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
All of the banjo surfaces looked good but one. As you can see from the pics, one of them has a scar on the surface.

In this pic, look at the right side.
Wood Body jewelry Jewellery Electric blue Natural material

In this pic, look at the bottom. You can faintly make out the scar.
Wood Jewellery Electric blue Circle Silver

I'm considering using two crush washers on this surface to see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I'm considering using two crush washers on this surface to see if the problem goes away.
Don't bother. Get your money back or a replacement M8. If we were out in the Boondocks and had no choice then yes hack it but if not get your monies worth and a proper one sent.

My 2 cents :)

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Don't bother. Get your money back or a replacement M8. If we were out in the Boondocks and had no choice then yes hack it but if not get your monies worth and a proper one sent.

My 2 cents :)
Agreed bud. I will be getting a new line, whether thru Galfer warranty or outright purchase. I was pondering the two-crush experiment to verify my theory.

Reactions: Straticus

·
Registered
805 Posts
All of the banjo surfaces looked good but one. As you can see from the pics, one of them has a scar on the surface.

In this pic, look at the right side.
View attachment 62911

In this pic, look at the bottom. You can faintly make out the scar.
View attachment 62912

If one crush washer is not working two will also not work...get a new line.

·
Registered
535 Posts
That's great you found your issue Geo. Wouldn't have picked a bad line to be the issue.
Hope you dont mind me keeping the thread going.

So I finally found time today to do the caliper above the M/C bleeding trick. First I measured my lever travel using the middle of the grip as a reference point: 32mm
Then one at a time I removed the calipers and cable tied them to a board I'd duct taped to the the top of my airbox. This allowed me to do the job by myself. I got air out of both sides and by the end of the job my lever travel was down to 22mm and felt real good. I was so pleased..... until....
I removed the 5mm packers I'd wedged between the brake pads and slipped the calipers back over the discs and bolted everything up. Then I had to pump the lever about half a dozen times to push the pistons out a bit cos the disc rotors are only 4.5mm thick. You guessed it - back to 32mm lever travel again. :mad::cry:
So how's this air getting in?

All I can think of is doing it again and using a 4.5mm packer or even 4mm ones next time so the pistons get pushed back slightly when they go back over the rotors. Hmmm

Luggage and bags Bag Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

Attachments

81 - 88 of 88 Posts