Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll admit up front that working on cars and bikes is not in my background. Bicycles? Sure. I can build up a complete bicycle from pieces and a bare frame in a day easily (incluiding lacing and tensioning the wheels). But add an engine and I'm... well, ignorant.

So I have a question regarding the master cylinder for the front brakes (kind of a general question on mater cylinders): Does the master cylinder need to be at the highest point of the lever/cylinder/caliper system? Given the process for bleeding the brake fluid, I'm kind of thinking so, but I wanted to verify with the collective before I...

And this gets to why I'm asking. I'm wanting to swap out my Heli-Bars for a creation of my own. Kind of a franken-bar arrangement of Swatt 3.5" rise clips and a halved drag bar. I'll need to find some place to attach the front master cylinder...

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I think I'm confused.

The master cylinder is the guy that has the handle coming out of it, The reservoir is the little can with the hose.

The reservoir will need to be higher than the master cylinder and the master cylinder will need to be on your handlebars or clip ons.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay... NOOBIE REVEALED!!! Yeah, I guess it would be the reservoir... Thanks! Answers the question (and educates me).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts