Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have checked the forum in terms of the braided steel brake kit.

I have 2020 gen3. I crashed a bike recently and the master cylinder is damaged.

Is it worth replacing my brake lines at this time?
Also, I do not like a bulky stock master cylinder. Does anybody have tried this one? https://www.amazon.ca

Regarding braided brake lines/kit - what are the options and if I need anything else for the replacement?

Please advise.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The advantage to replacing the brake lines at the same time is only bleeding the brakes once, most feel an upgrade to stainless lines is a nice improvement. Ordered this one the day I picked up the SV
3T RACING FRONT BRAKE SYSTEM (CHOOSE BIKE) (coremoto.com)

The master cylinder looks nice, I would never use it but also wouldn't use anything from China in the brake system. The master cylinder you linked lists a lot of different bikes, some with a single disc others with two, one made for single disk will have long lever pull to operate the brakes, also the volume of brake fluid required for dual is greater than a single disc. Suzuki engineers used the optimum master cylinder for the job, there are alternatives, some work better than others.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The advantage to replacing the brake lines at the same time is only bleeding the brakes once, most feel an upgrade to stainless lines is a nice improvement. Ordered this one the day I picked up the SV
3T RACING FRONT BRAKE SYSTEM (CHOOSE BIKE) (coremoto.com)

The master cylinder looks nice, I would never use it but also wouldn't use anything from China in the brake system. The master cylinder you linked lists a lot of different bikes, some with a single disc others with two, one made for single disk will have long lever pull to operate the brakes, also the volume of brake fluid required for dual is greater than a single disc. Suzuki engineers used the optimum master cylinder for the job, there are alternatives, some work better than others.
I have ordered this one: Ebay.
Yes, it is from china. However, I wanna try. I will post the picture later on of how it fits on Renthal 7/8in. Road Handlebar Street Fighter Bend.
I'm gonna customize it for me.

·
Registered
733 Posts
There is no quality control on some no-name parts from an eBay seller. No brand name with a reputation to lose, no warranty, no customer service to speak of, no R&D, but a stolen design from a real brand, produced as cheaply as possible.
That's what you want to trust your life to?

Get original Suzuki parts as a replacement for the parts you damaged or upgrade with parts from a reputable after-market supplier in your country that stands behind their products.

I like cheap eBay add-ons as much as the next guy, but only for cosmetic bling that has no chance of interfering with the core systems of my bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no quality control on some no-name parts from an eBay seller. No brand name with a reputation to lose, no warranty, no customer service to speak of, no R&D, but a stolen design from a real brand, produced as cheaply as possible.
That's what you want to trust your life to?

Get original Suzuki parts as a replacement for the parts you damaged or upgrade with parts from a reputable after-market supplier in your country that stands behind their products.

I like cheap eBay add-ons as much as the next guy, but only for cosmetic bling that has no chance of interfering with the core systems of my bike.
Thanks for your opinion. WIll do.

·
Registered
733 Posts
No need to quote my post if you reply directly after me. Just hit the reply button.

It's not just you. It's been happening more frequently in this forum and triggers unnecessary notifications. It also makes reading a thread unnecessarily long. Thanks!

·
Administrator
11,012 Posts
I've built the braided steel lines for all my bikes using parts from these guys:

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle frame Bicycle fork

Wheel Bicycle Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Bicycle fork Bicycle handlebar

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset Automotive tire

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Bicycle tire Light Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle

Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Crankset

Reactions: Bastak

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2017 SV650A
8 Posts
I've built the braided steel lines for all my bikes using parts from these guys:

Hi OfirMX,
Do you require any specialty tools to put those together? I can't tell if it's a made to measure kit or you have to do the measuring and cutting yourself. I'm still on the fence about getting the stainless lines, because I've seen plenty of comments that the having the ABS version makes this a significantly larger job.

Thanks,
Jonathon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts