Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do they make a difference? will i notice any more grabbing power?

the dealership started to try and sell me some the other day. i didint buy them...yet. so i figured id ask around here...

·
Registered
63 Posts
worth every penny.. and maybe more to me.

Once you have a bike that has them you can't stand a bike without them..

simple as that really.

It improves the feel of the brakes THIIIIIIIS much... no fade.. no squishy feeling, no nothing.. just consistant.. easy STOPPING POWER!

do it.. you'll never regret it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would changing the pads in favor of better, and putting in different brake fluid make it fell even better?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=41052.0

I'm with pure_ego.

If I bought a new bike right off the floor and it didn't have stainless lines, I'd plunk down the scratch right then and there for stainless lines: I think they do make that big a difference...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
spuds said:
would changing the pads in favor of better, and putting in different brake fluid make it fell even better?

Yes and yes.

I am currently in lust with Carbone Lorraine SBK-3 pads for the front (big props to Wacky Woodchuck and others for pimping these pads-- they are really good).

I flush and bleed brake fluid at least twice yearly; you end up throwing or giving away more brake fluid than you will use (air does bad things to brake fluid); after a while, you can do a brake fluid flush and bleed along with brake inspection in under an hour: well worth the time considering the payoff in performance, safety, and confidence...

·
Registered
63 Posts
yep.. bleeding brakes is an obsession with me..

the first set of SS lines I had I didn't do anything except replace the lines and fluid to see what kind of real difference it made by itself...

massive improvement!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts