Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't going to do this, but questions about my bike have been polluting other threads and I wanted a referral thread to help keep the other ones on track. Make sense? ;)

Finished it just before leaving for the 2.0 Rally with some last minute help from Igor(ioreper).

It's (was) a blue 2001 SVS.

Front end - 04' GSXR750 fork, brakes, clips, wheel, levers and M/C.  04' GSXR1000 triple clamp and SV electronics. With Galfer wave rotors, Goodridge braided lines and a CF fender. Also have a Ebay special steering damper I homemade mounted. Mich pilot power 120-65-17. TWF's bearing kit.

Rear end - 04' R1 swingarm(highly modded), brake, shock, linkage and hugger. Had to shorten the R1 dogbone quite a bit. 03' R6 wheel with a homemade spacer to adapt to the R1 swingarm. Galfer wave rotor(overkill) and Goodridge braided line. Renthal 46t lightweight sprocket with RK X-ring gold(bling) 520 chain. Swingarm drilled and tapped for Moto-slider's spool/sliders. I see he's now making them for the Yami's also. Too late. Mich pilot power 180-55-17.

Polished(may change) frame w/Moto-sliders and stock motor except for Factory Pro's 3.0 kit which includes BMC pod filters, 210-215 main jets and redrilled main air jets. Kit also includes tank spacers. Also using Factory Pro's "quick shift kit".  I'm using the "diesel" oil. Works fine for me.

Exhaust is a Yosh SV full system mated to a Yosh RS-5 600RR slip-on(race baffle).

Solotail is CF made for a Honda 954 with a 954 seat. Taillight is a Clear alternatives older R1 with integrated signals.  Subframe is the stock SV highly hacked up. Homemade undertrays.

KG's SVR6 fairing with 01' R6 headlight, windscreen(zero gravity dark) and mirrors. GSXR front signals. Front subframe is completely homemade(PITA). Veypor as guages. Homemade dash panel with LED Idiot lights.

Vortex rearsets(GP shift). I think that's it. :-\

You're thinking 180 tire and longer swingarm, must handle like crap. Not at all. I'm 100% satisfied with how it handles.  When you see me, you're more than welcome to take it out for a spin and see for yourself. Excellent handling bike!

OK, the pics...  From Igor's photo album:

And my new favorite from Greg(MA)'s photos:

Thanks to those who have already given compliments.  Brad(rivited)

(edited for bad picture links)

·
Registered
24 Posts
rivited said:
You're thinking 180 tire and longer swingarm, must handle like crap.
nah, I'm thinking 1) that's one heck of an SV, and 2) would it not have been easier to just get a GSX-R 750 or an R1?  :p

K

·
0 Posts
that would be normal
i wish my bike waz like that
who wants an r1 when u can make an svr1gsxrr6 watchiama call it

D

·
0 Posts
Ivan said:
I think part of the fun of bikes is modifying the hell out of them.
yup, thats half the fun...................the other half is riding the piss out of it! ;D (ridiing not beating!) 8)

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
avalona2000 said:
Damn! Every time I think I have out modded someone then this.

J/K Nice bike
+1... but it's nice to see that I'm not the only one on a franken-bike ;D

You need to get some good pics Brad, I'm sure the moderators would love to put your bike on the welcome page!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice write up and it is quite a sweet bike! I guess you were getting tired of explaining the same thing multiple times. :)

Also, just to clarify, Brad did it all completely on his own. The only help I was able to offer the night before the rally was an oil change, running the Veypor speed sensor and a whole lot of standing around and watching.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ouchy....all that surgery hope you gave your bike a local.

Nice work. Really didn'tn think it was an sv first pic I saw of it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I suspect that the front wheel is off a GSXR? My question lies in the rotors, if I do the GSXR forks will my rotors (after market) fit the GSXR wheel?

Grav.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
GraVitY said:
I suspect that the front wheel is off a GSXR?  My question lies in the rotors, if I do the GSXR forks will my rotors (after market) fit the GSXR wheel?

Grav.
if they are currently on SV rim... I doubt it

regarding the bike... that is one trick SV and must have taken lots of time to make all that stuff work... you should be proud ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice bike, just need to extend the sidestand and paint that frame black!

·
Registered
514 Posts
That is by far the sweetest SV ever. Most tasteful and functional mods.

Only thing that I think could improve the bike, is a full 600rr tail with the brake lights. The lights where they are look a little out of place, other than that, its sweet.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
And it goes really really fast too. ;)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
That is one gorgeous bike... One thing, the headlight/nose seems a little like it's pointing upwards... Is that a trick of the camera there? It just looks slightly odd. For me it's the only thing that I don't want :)

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
that is one sweet bike, but i doesn't look sv enough for me
It sounds like an SV though, thats for sure.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I held up my buddy's R6 front clip when we both had our bikes apart, looked like it would fit with a little help, but he didn't want to give it up......... ::)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts