Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
between the bar-end mirrors and the handguards, there isnt much room left on my handlebars for the usual bar-end weights.

to reduce vibration, i was thinking a bow stabilizer might do the trick. anyone tried strapping one of these bad boys onto the bars?

www.hoyt.com/accessories/images/stabilizer.jpg

sure some lead shot would work just fine but a camo stabilizer would be a lot cooler.

· Registered
298 Posts
between the bar-end mirrors and the handguards, there isnt much room left on my handlebars for the usual bar-end weights.

to reduce vibration, i was thinking a bow stabilizer might do the trick. anyone tried strapping one of these bad boys onto the bars?

sure some lead shot would work just fine but a camo stabilizer would be a lot cooler.
that looks like some sort of backwoods "marital aid". I think they sell these on QVC in the afterhours slots. dont ask me how I know.

· Registered
7,989 Posts
These are relatively common for touring bicycles and they work great. As long as the right mass and materials are used, I would imagine it would work well for a motorcycle as well.
Out of curiosity, why would a bicycle need a stabilizer to reduce vibrations in the handlebars? Aren't the vibes in m/c handlebars from the engine mostly?

· Registered
5,388 Posts
Out of curiosity, why would a bicycle need a stabilizer to reduce vibrations in the handlebars? Aren't the vibes in m/c handlebars from the engine mostly?
Apparently when your tires are the thickness of rubber bands and your bike has no suspension front and rear and weighs 10 lbs, there's nothing between you and feeling every single little bump in the road. This is also how one justifies buying a carbon fiber frame despite not "racing"- they supposedly damp better.

· Premium Member
3,373 Posts

It won't help the vibration, but you will be able to nail deer at 50 yards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.