Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had several sv's, but this is my first gladius. i bought a theft recovered gladius for fairly cheap, with all the paperwork, and at first sight, not a whole lot of damage. the dude said that the the ignition had been cut above the connection. that turned out to be fake news. my main issue right now is that i can get the bike to turn over by bridging the gap on the starter solenoid, but i dont hear the fuel pump priming, and i dont see spark. i pulled a plug and held it to the frame. didnt see any spark. i dont have the ignition wired in yet because amazon has lost the package with the connectors i ordered.

any ideas or directions, things to check would be super appreciated right now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is my first theft recovery rebuild, so im making some mistakes and learning along the way.
i cut down some spade connectors to fit into the ignition connector. the fuel pump primes now. the dash doesnt light up, other than the idiot lights for the signals.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
ive had several sv's, but this is my first gladius. i bought a theft recovered gladius for fairly cheap, with all the paperwork, and at first sight, not a whole lot of damage. the dude said that the the ignition had been cut above the connection. that turned out to be fake news. my main issue right now is that i can get the bike to turn over by bridging the gap on the starter solenoid, but i dont hear the fuel pump priming, and i dont see spark. i pulled a plug and held it to the frame. didnt see any spark. i dont have the ignition wired in yet because amazon has lost the package with the connectors i ordered.

any ideas or directions, things to check would be super appreciated right now.
If it's like most current cycles it has a theft deterrent system as part of the ignition wiring, and isn't going to start unless it's connected.

There may be a work-around to it, as racers may not want to use the stock ignition with a key.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i read something in another thread about that. once we got the trimmed down spade connectors in place, the fuel pump would prime. not a huge leap, but its something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts