Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you know what its like, Ive got the SFV vtwin and the T500 stroker, but a girl needs a thumper even if its a little one. Anyway Ive been looking for a nice Goose for a while, they are thin on the ground here in NZ. Finally tracked down an 05 model yip yip!

Below the one ive bought ( black one ), is a very nice modified one for inspiration next winter maybe...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/debbz16/goosemod1.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s118/debbz16/goosemod2.jpg

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
When I saw the title of your post, I thought you had acquired a Moto Guzzi. Oh, well. Your bike is nice, too. ;)

That's the 350cc model, correct? A very unique bike. I don't think Suzuki ever brought it to the US, though.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
You have an eye for unique machines. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Speaking of which, here's a picture of my "goose":

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Had never heard of the 'Goose'! Thank you for the pictures.:) I love that bike! Why do other Countries get so many good bikes that never come here? (I know the answer...we're stupid, collectively as a Country buying only certain bikes) The Thumpers have been offered now and then and never sold here. Pity. Enjoy your new beautiful bike Juliana!:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had never heard of the 'Goose'! Thank you for the pictures.:) I love that bike! Why do other Countries get so many good bikes that never come here? (I know the answer...we're stupid, collectively as a Country buying only certain bikes) The Thumpers have been offered now and then and never sold here. Pity. Enjoy your new beautiful bike Juliana!:)
actually, two very popular thumpers have been around for a while: Kawasaki KLR 650 and Suzuki Savage (S40 now). It's just that they apeal to a rather different crowd, so one does not hear too often about them.

@Goose - are these original forks? look like a gixer conversion :))). nice and clean bike?

@cfreger - I wasn't aware there was a cruiser available with that engine configuration, thks for showing it

cheers

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
@Goose - are these original forks? look like a gixer conversion )). nice and clean bike?
IIRC, those are the stock forks for 91 & up models. But they look similar due to the colour and being 50mm. Sort of remind me of DRZ SM forks but with shorter legs and blank top adjusters.

Very cool bike, I'd love to have one of those as a commuter bike. Those side panels cover up so much of the very easy on the eyes frame.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IIRC, those are the stock forks for 91 & up models. But they look similar due to the colour and being 50mm. Sort of remind me of DRZ SM forks but with shorter legs and blank top adjusters.

Very cool bike, I'd love to have one of those as a commuter bike. Those side panels cover up so much of the very easy on the eyes frame.
From a brief search it appears Suzuki were a bit agitated at the relative success of the Yamaha sr 500 and Honda gb 500. The Goose was a relatively easy proposition in the sense that I suspect he Suzuki parts bin yielded a fair few of the parts. The DR350 got new breathing and new cam to deliver the boosted engine. Take delivery of it next week. From all accounts the handling is very sharp and nimble and the engine puts out a modest 37 hp or there abouts. Pity they didnt pop in the DR650 thumper!

Glad you all like it:) Hmm its always been a mystery to me too that the biggest western motorcycle market in the world has a limited range of models offered.

·
Registered
732 Posts
You, madam, have way too many toys!!! ;D Enjoy!

I've been looking at possible company for mine and was drunkenly drawn toward an Aprilla SL1000 that's for sale here, but methinks I'll probs put the brake on that one...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.