Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding home the other night, when I rode over a large bump in the road kind of like a speed bump on a highway. I gassed it but the bikes rear tire went into the bottom of the rear tail section, pushing into the license plate and rear light. Today when inspecting the damage I saw that the rear light was loose. I bought the bike used, it has a lowering kit on it and supposelly only lowered an inch. It is adjustable in the rear, the only place its lowered. I plan on raising it back up to stock ride height, as I weigh 190. My questions are:

I noticed that rear light is apparently attached the to right side tail fairing...Is this true? Bc that is where is appears to be broken at.

And is there anything else I can do to prevent this from happening again, after raising it back to stock ride height.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Post a picture of your bike's rear end. It's possible there's a fender eliminator on it that relocated the lights and plate, too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bent the license plate holder back from the middle of the fender eliminator. You can visually see where the license holder impacted the eliminator in the middle with the scuff marks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've pulled out my light a couple of times.

There are four bolts that mount it to the bike.
Two on either fairing I and two more that I can't remember, might be the fairings again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K. Thanks the right side mount to the right fairing appears to be broken. Does not seem like a great design.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
I read a story this weekend about aftermarket parts that make bikes less safe. Now I can say I've seen one on an SV. That thing is rubbish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts