Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the slowest you've ever gone on your SV!?!

I got mine down to 3 mph the other day.. damn that was awesome!

·
Registered
551 Posts
i dont wanna try, altho i have done nurmous stop and go with out ever putting my feet down...they were always on the pegs.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
If that's what you want, you bought the wrong bike. You should just go get yourself a bigwheel. F-n squids. :roll: :roll:

:lol:

N

·
0 Posts
orangegilly said:
If that's what you want, you bought the wrong bike. You should just go get yourself a bigwheel. F-n squids. :roll::roll:
LOL!
One of the things I love about the SV is that it does go slow so well. I can lug it down to 1K in first and it just keeps chuggin'. On my previous I4 it was clutch-brake-slip-rev which really wears on you after a few minutes in rush hour traffic.

:)

·
Registered
326 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
i can stop without putting my feet down for a few seconds, do i win??
+1 8)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
LMAO, I hit zero the other day, it was crazy. :wink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
I do that a lot when stuck in rush hour traffic. Since I have no tunes, gotta do something to amuse myself while waiting for Marge to realise the tunnel will not collapse if she drives through it :evil: Amazing how light the SV feels when doing stupid chit like that, almost like being back on my dirt bike as a teenager.

I can regularly get it to read 0 or 3, but I can never seem to get it to read 1 or 2 for some reason. Magnetic pick-up lag perhaps?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thejimdaddy said:
does it annoy anyone else when you see noob riders put their feet down like 20 feet before they come to a stoplight and then leave their feet down for half a block after they take off again.. i mean jeez, get a sense of balance!

my feet dont come off the pegs until the wheels stop rolling and they go right back on the pegs as soon as i let the clutch out to drive off again. :roll:

·
Registered
110 Posts
wonderjosh said:
thejimdaddy said:
does it annoy anyone else when you see noob riders put their feet down like 20 feet before they come to a stoplight and then leave their feet down for half a block after they take off again.. i mean jeez, get a sense of balance!
only when their on $12k liter bikes.

C

·
0 Posts
wonderjosh said:
thejimdaddy said:

my feet dont come off the pegs until the wheels stop rolling and they go right back on the pegs as soon as i let the clutch out to drive off again. :roll:
I do that on occasion cause I'm lazy, too much work to bring my feet up, lol!

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
wonderjosh said:
thejimdaddy said:

i hear that, on my dirt bike it's feet on pegs then clutch out

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
wonderjosh said:

i'll leave my feet off while driving around, almost dragging them (yes, i'm aware of the possibility of clipping a bump in the road). but when there's a stop sign on every corner, it's just easier to keep the feet down.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
nc_sv650 said:
orangegilly said:
If that's what you want, you bought the wrong bike. You should just go get yourself a bigwheel. F-n squids. :roll::roll:
LOL!
One of the things I love about the SV is that it does go slow so well. I can lug it down to 1K in first and it just keeps chuggin'. On my previous I4 it was clutch-brake-slip-rev which really wears on you after a few minutes in rush hour traffic.

I don't believe that is good for the engine, cause it ain't pumpin enuf oil

IIRC the owners manual calls for a minimum speed of 12mph in 1st gear, below that, the clutch should be partially disengaged

N

·
0 Posts
RandyO said:
nc_sv650 said:
"...I can lug it down to 1K in first and it just keeps chuggin'..."
"I don't believe that is good for the engine, cause it ain't pumpin enuf oil..."
I'm sure you're correct; if anyone should know it'd be you. I don't make a habit of it though.

edit: format

1 - 20 of 29 Posts