Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good boot for the leg/ankle challenged? I'm 6'1" 173lb if that helps :p Thanks for any input. -Mac

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Wow and I thought every single possible gear question has been asked but this is beyond my craziest gear nightmare dreams. Boots for people with skinny ankles!?!?!?!?!

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
some sidi's have adjustable calves.

you're just going to have to go out there and try some on.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I have very narrow feet. AAAA heels, too.

You're going to find that Euro brands will generally fit narrower than American brands. I have some Dainese and Sidi (Vertigo Corsa) boots. With the Sidis I need to wear 2 pairs of socks, depending on the thickness of the socks. I like the Corsa part of the Sidi Vertigos, it's a strap that goes over the top of the foot and cinches it down. It helps me keep my heels from slipping.

There's closeouts now on the Vertigo boots. The replacement is the Sidi Vortice. Otherwise, check out European brands for sure.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Usually tucking leathers into your boots will take care of any extra room in the boot.

Alpinestars run wide (which is why I use them)

I always liked these Bates classic boots ... but they were too narrow (and too skinny for my calfs)

http://www.batesleathers.com/boots/

Try them unless they are too retro for you ...

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I'm 6' and 165lb, suffer from chickenlegitis. I have Gaerne Shockwaves and they fit my ankle just fine. Stuffing leathers into the boot makes them fit my calves just fine too.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Leather pants with shin guards sure does fill up boots--but not at the ankle or the actual foot. With narrow heels, one's foot can especially slide around quite a lot.

You just skinny all over aren't you. :eek:
Except where it counts. ;D

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Sidi has the best that i have found so far.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts