Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '04 SV1kS has the lower fairing installed (by the previous owner). I'm thinking about removing them and going bottomless. My question is regarding the fairing-stay brackets (a.k.a. "J-brackets"). Can I re-use these bolts in their current placement after removing the j-brackets, or is it important to get the OEM ones? Obviously they're important since they're supporting the motor, so I want to be sure... :ears:

Thanks in advance,
Jesse

·
Registered
300 Posts
Pretty sure when installing lowers on bike that don't come stock with them you just use stock motor mount bolt.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty sure when installing lowers on bike that don't come stock with them you just use stock motor mount bolt.
Can anybody confirm this? Thought I'd ask before digging in myself when it's 55 degrees outside :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks for posting those instructions. I just bought some used fairings and its missing a few bolts.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I installed my fairings, and they look great. Im taking them off soon to get color matched.

I have a problem though, im missing the U and T bracket shown in the instructions above. Since there is no specific part number, where can i buy just those pieces??

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I installed my fairings, and they look great. Im taking them off soon to get color matched.

I have a problem though, im missing the U and T bracket shown in the instructions above. Since there is no specific part number, where can i buy just those pieces??

That's a good question. Those should have definitely been included in the first place.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I can see how they get over looked. Some people including the seller i bought from thought those are on the bike stock and the chin fairing bolts there. But the oem chin fairing has a different bracket and the holes dont align. The seller already traded his bike in though......

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Also wanted to say thanks for posting the instructions! My fairings have been missing a bolt and I have been having a hard time finding the replacement(sure i could just run anything in there but I want it to look and fit legit). Found the Size I need, m6x25. I cannot wait to pick up two to fix.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can see how they get over looked. Some people including the seller i bought from thought those are on the bike stock and the chin fairing bolts there. But the oem chin fairing has a different bracket and the holes dont align. The seller already traded his bike in though......
I'm feeling very bad for you. I could sell you my plates, and for that matter, whatever other hardware you need. My lower fairings are scratched on both sides AND cracked on the bottom, so I don't think they're worth anything. What say you?

OrangeBlood said:
Also wanted to say thanks for posting the instructions! My fairings have been missing a bolt and I have been having a hard time finding the replacement(sure i could just run anything in there but I want it to look and fit legit). Found the Size I need, m6x25. I cannot wait to pick up two to fix.
:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm feeling very bad for you. I could sell you my plates, and for that matter, whatever other hardware you need. My lower fairings are scratched on both sides AND cracked on the bottom, so I don't think they're worth anything. What say you?

:eek:ccasion14:
Sending you a PM!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
2005 SV650S w/ optional factory lower fairing.

I removed the lower fairing. Now, the engine bolts that go into the right & left sides of the front cylinder are protruding.

What is the best fix for this?

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts