Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '04 SV1kS has the lower fairing installed (by the previous owner). I'm thinking about removing them and going bottomless. My question is regarding the fairing-stay brackets (a.k.a. "J-brackets"). Can I re-use these bolts in their current placement after removing the j-brackets, or is it important to get the OEM ones? Obviously they're important since they're supporting the motor, so I want to be sure... :ears:

Thanks in advance,
Jesse

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks for posting those instructions. I just bought some used fairings and its missing a few bolts.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I installed my fairings, and they look great. Im taking them off soon to get color matched.

I have a problem though, im missing the U and T bracket shown in the instructions above. Since there is no specific part number, where can i buy just those pieces??

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I installed my fairings, and they look great. Im taking them off soon to get color matched.

I have a problem though, im missing the U and T bracket shown in the instructions above. Since there is no specific part number, where can i buy just those pieces??

That's a good question. Those should have definitely been included in the first place.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I can see how they get over looked. Some people including the seller i bought from thought those are on the bike stock and the chin fairing bolts there. But the oem chin fairing has a different bracket and the holes dont align. The seller already traded his bike in though......

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Also wanted to say thanks for posting the instructions! My fairings have been missing a bolt and I have been having a hard time finding the replacement(sure i could just run anything in there but I want it to look and fit legit). Found the Size I need, m6x25. I cannot wait to pick up two to fix.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can see how they get over looked. Some people including the seller i bought from thought those are on the bike stock and the chin fairing bolts there. But the oem chin fairing has a different bracket and the holes dont align. The seller already traded his bike in though......
I'm feeling very bad for you. I could sell you my plates, and for that matter, whatever other hardware you need. My lower fairings are scratched on both sides AND cracked on the bottom, so I don't think they're worth anything. What say you?

OrangeBlood said:
Also wanted to say thanks for posting the instructions! My fairings have been missing a bolt and I have been having a hard time finding the replacement(sure i could just run anything in there but I want it to look and fit legit). Found the Size I need, m6x25. I cannot wait to pick up two to fix.
:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm feeling very bad for you. I could sell you my plates, and for that matter, whatever other hardware you need. My lower fairings are scratched on both sides AND cracked on the bottom, so I don't think they're worth anything. What say you?

:eek:ccasion14:
Sending you a PM!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.