Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, trying to install my Woodcraft rearsets and I need to know what size allen key/socket I need to remove the peg from the factory rearset so I can get the shift lever off. Thanks

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Um, 8mm I think. If you go to a half-decent tool place, a rail of 3/8 allen-headed "sockets" usually works out barely more than you'd pay for a single.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Its a Suzuki so you have to assume its Metric. Go buy your yourself a key set of metrics. I should have most of what you need. You should have it anyways if you are wrenching on you bike plus its in you stock tool kit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just went down and tinkered with it. it's at least 8mm and not in the factory tool kit. guess i'll be stopping by a store tomorrow

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
def_jukie said:
just went down and tinkered with it. it's at least 8mm and not in the factory tool kit. guess i'll be stopping by a store tomorrow
are you sure you're not missing some of the tools? most of the bolts are 8/10/12 so it seems odd that it wouldn't be included in the kit

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I can confirm that it is an 8 mm allen key (just to make it sure: you unbolt it from the "inside"). And this is included in the german toolkit, I don´t think that it would be different elsewhere.

Ciao
Jan

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
It def comes in the tool kit. I have it in mine. But it doesnt hurt to have a key set.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Odd, largest hex key I have in my tool set is 6mm, never appeared to have been opened either. Oh well, I needed some loc-tite too, at least I know what size it needs. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
that size allen key din not come in the 99 toolkit, I do not know about other years

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.