Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had vortex frame sliders put on my bike from the dealership when i got the bike because i didn't want to ride the bike w/ out frame sliders on it "just in case" since it had been 2 yrs since i last rode.

I purchased a set of moto sliders and just put them on, but realized that the moto sliders actually get installed behind where i have the vortex sliders, and i realized when i was going to take the vortex sliders off, i don't have the factory bolts that would be in the frame in place of the sliders

so my question is can i just go to home depot and get some bolts, or do i have to order them from a suzuki dealership

I spoke to the dealership that sold me the bike, and apparently they just got bought out, so they won't be ordering any parts till this thursday...

so instead of lookin stoopid w/ 2 pairs of frame sliders on the bike, i was gonna just go to home depot to get some bolts...or do i have to get them through a suzuki dealership? man i wish i asked for the stock parts when i had them put the vortex sliders on that i knew i wasnt gonna keep

N

·
0 Posts
On my 1 gen the bolts are fairly generic, so you may be able to find them at the hardware (a good hardware store) or more likely from an auto parts store. Naturally, they're metric, and you'll want ones marked 8.8 or 10.8 (higher is better).

If you have to go OEM you can order Suzuki parts from ronayers.com, Oneida Suzuki or MR Cycle.

:)

edit: typo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another question...what is the thread spec

i got 2x M10 1.25 (marked 10.9), and 2x M10 1.50 (marked 8.8)...they didnt have em in stainless though...i only went to an ace and autozone

i went to oneida, and they have bolts for the '04, i guess they would be the same for the '05?

i don't know what kinda bolts they are though?
Bolts

N

·
0 Posts
Fred2004 said:
"another question...what is the thread spec...i don't know what kinda bolts they are though?"
Ya lost me there -are you asking what the thread pitch is on the OEM bolts?

:)

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
8.8 or 10.8

Those are important numbers. If you don't know the diameter and pitch bring the bolts with you to match. It's not easy finding metric stainless bolts of the proper grade in the U.S. Stainless is not as strong as carbon steel, so to get the strength manufacturers have to use fairly exotic alloys.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'll eyeball it off of the allen head bolts that the vortex frame sliders came w/ to see if it is 1.25 or 1.5 threading, i was just wonderin if anyone new the specs off the top of their heads

so it's okay to use the non stainless? the guy at ace hardware said the non stainless were stronger...im thinkin about just orderin some tomorrow from a suzuki dealership

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it takes 1.25...i can't find a bolt that is long enough to fit on the right side of the bike though :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts