Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy the circled bolt in the pic below, but not exactly sure which one it is on the Ronayers fiche.

is it #8 (Bolt)? I wouldn't think that it's 13, because that's where my frame sliders are... Right?

Mine is rusted from trying to remove it when I first got the bike, thinking that that's where I'm supposed to put the sliders :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the fiche

·
Registered
198 Posts
Easiest way to find out is to remove the bolt and bring it to a bolt store. Get a class 10.9 zinc (gold/yellow color) coated and you should be good to go. I'd call first and see if they have metric bolts up to M12. A lot of places don't.

It's definitely not 8, as that is just a clamping bolt (for the left side). If I had to guess, I'd say it's a M12 bolt, but I have never removed the bolt, so I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Easiest way to find out is to remove the bolt and bring it to a bolt store. Get a class 10.9 zinc (gold/yellow color) coated and you should be good to go. I'd call first and see if they have metric bolts up to M12. A lot of places don't.

It's definitely not 8, as that is just a clamping bolt (for the left side). If I had to guess, I'd say it's a M12 bolt, but I have never removed the bolt, so I can't say for sure.
It's M10, only M12 for the motor is the one that goes through the center of the V.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice - Thanks a lot everyone! Order placed.

Now I just hope the rust didn't eat through the metal enough to make it impossible to get it off...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts