Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding last night, in really bad down poor, trying to get home ::). As I was pulling out onto a superslab road, I miss-shifted, from forth to fifth. I guess my fingers were cold and didn't let out the clutch enough before I twisted the throttle, I over-reved the bike for a split second. Five to Ten seconds later, as I'm gently cruising at a steady 6k in sixth, the bike bogs, the rpms drop to 4k and starts running unevenly, and when i twist the throttle more, nothing happens. Similar to running low on gas, but i had half a tank left. It lasted maybee 5-10 seconds, and then went back to normal. I atributed it to the over-rev and kept going. Then five minutes later same bogging happened again, for about 20 seconds, the rpm would rise and drop eratically. I downshifted in order not to stall, and it fixed the problem, I rode the rest of the way home playing that I make it, but with no further incidents. I have a well maintained naked 2k3 with only 3000 miles on it. Does anyone know what this could have been caused by? I was freezing in pouring rain, getting stuck would have been most uncomfortable. I'm hesitant of taking another ride till I can figure this out. :-\

·
Registered
21 Posts
The rain got to the front spark plug and shorted it out. Just happened to me 15 min ago. Very common. Kills the front cylinder..especially at lower rpms or high load. Search for old posts for fixes. I think there was a thread like "sv325" or something like that a while back.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Get yourself a Hole Shot Fenda Extenda. This keeps the front plug firing and it keeps the front of the engine and radiator cleaner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts