Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it going everyone?

I just picked up my SV1000S from storage after 4 years of being deployed and such. I was hit by a car before throwing it in storage..... so I am currently fixing her up here in San Diego. I just got an '05 GSXR front end..... and that is looking awesome! :eek:

I really want to make this a sick little cruising bike.... and throw some nice plastics on it. I heard that the 04-05 GSXR plastics fit the SV1000, and would love to pop those on. Are there any others that will fit, or is there anyone that has done a bodywork mod that can help me out?

Since deployment I don't get much rest..... so I will be around to ask questions. Thank you very much in advance for the help.

Very respectfully,
Buz

·
Registered
437 Posts
Semper Fi. Glad you're back!

There are some GSXR fairings that will work. There's some specific info about it in the TECH section on the WERA board.

Pics of what you have to work with?

ETA: I checked and it seems as though most GSXR fairings can work. But....it may require minor modification to the stock fairing stay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I dont mind modifying the fairing stay.... just looking to see who has done it, some pics? and also which ones work the best.

Buz

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found this site that is a manufacturer overseas and makes some great looking bodies for the SV.

http://www.twinshack.co.uk/prods/images/528_3.jpg

I also saw one that had NSR 250 bodywork on it and looked pretty sick.

Any other bodies out there that bolt on or take minor modifications? ???

·
Registered
437 Posts
The site/pic that you linked to is race bodywork, which is most of the GSXR bodywork that I've seen fitted to an SV. This opens up a lot of doors. Hotbodies, Sharkskins, E-Racing, etc.....

·
Registered
358 Posts
I found this site that is a manufacturer overseas and makes some great looking bodies for the SV.

http://www.twinshack.co.uk/prods/images/528_3.jpg

I also saw one that had NSR 250 bodywork on it and looked pretty sick.

Any other bodies out there that bolt on or take minor modifications? ???
I have Sharkskinz, they make a street kit that requires dirilling and tapping one hole in the frame under the right side rearset and I had to make a spacer so the kickstand didnt rub. It comes primered fiberglass and bolts right up.

http://www.sharkskinz.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=64&cat=SV+1000+S

If you want to order them, Blair (user name on this site is sv-racing-parts) can give you a better deal than the website states. He is a Sharkskinz dealer.

Keith

·
Registered
437 Posts
KGcycles.com is Ken Glenn, and he is a rally sponsor that has SV street and track plastic (fiberglass), which also includes his SVR6 track body. Very sharp.
He also has online fitting tips and is overall great to deal with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I emailed Ken at KGcycles. I say that SVR6 on a newer SV on his site, but couldn't find anywhere to order it. Wierd. I asked him about how it would fit on a 1000, and how much it runs. That would be a great way to start customizing my SV.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I emailed Ken at KGcycles. I say that SVR6 on a newer SV on his site, but couldn't find anywhere to order it. Wierd. I asked him about how it would fit on a 1000, and how much it runs. That would be a great way to start customizing my SV.
I have one that I'm going to be fitting and painting soon. I'll post pics here and on his site when I do. I'm in the process of another project with a little more priority at the moment, so it will be a while before the SVR6 body is ready.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have Sharkskinz, they make a street kit that requires dirilling and tapping one hole in the frame under the right side rearset and I had to make a spacer so the kickstand didnt rub. It comes primered fiberglass and bolts right up.

http://www.sharkskinz.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=64&cat=SV+1000+S

If you want to order them, Blair (user name on this site is sv-racing-parts) can give you a better deal than the website states. He is a Sharkskinz dealer.

Keith
Isnt there a bracket for that so you dont have to tap/drill into your Frame?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
With a little time and effort you can fit anything on it.I still wished you could get POLY26 stuff over here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts