Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Storz said:
Well I have used the pressure suit now for about 400 miles worth of riding and I must say that I still really like it.  I had to remove the upper "vertebre" peice and trim the back protector down about 1.5" because it was slightly hitting the back of my helmet, now it fits perfect.  I wear it under my leathers and dont even notice that its there. It vents quite well as the jacket part of it is made of all mesh (again another reason to wear it under leathers)  Any other questions feel free to ask
How much additional protection to you percieve it gives you. In your opinion is it a must have...or just additional peace of mind?

If it was smoking hot outside...do you think there is any meaningful value in simply wearing the armor without the abrasion resistance of leather?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I honestly belive that is offers a lot more protection than just leathers/foam armor alone. I bought the 661 suit because I used their stuff extensivly when I raced downhill mountain bikes and I am still here and walking and I took some very nasty crashes, I had the older version of the pressure suit when I raced DH and it held up very well. The newer one that I just got is lighter and fits much better than the older one. As far as buying the SP suit over the other one, purley price...I am sure the red one will offer great protection as well. The back protector alone is a must-have in my mind...so with this suit you get that and hard plastic armor in the elbow/forearm and shoulder areas

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sizing Chart For 661 Body Armour
Size XS SM MD LG XL
Chest (inches) 32-33 34-35 36-38 40-42 44-46
Waist (inches) 26-28 28-30 31-33 34-36 38-40
Chest (cm) 81-84 86-89 91-97 101-107 112-117
Waist (cm) 26-28 28-30 31-33 34-36 38-40

I am about 190lbs and 6' I ordered a large and it fits great

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.