Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting some body armor to wear underneath my leathers as they just have the foam armor pieces, anyone have any experiance with the SixSixOne Pressure Suit?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
[bump]




Hmmm. Be interesting to hear the responses...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
None with the pressure suit though I used to use their bomber shorts under jeans when I started riding. Ok shorts, just there for impact protection. If you're thinking of the suit try Sierra Trading Post . It's on sale for $83.20 ($76.80 savings)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
TRON! TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
;D
Storz said:
I am thinking of getting some body armor to wear underneath my leathers as they just have the foam armor pieces, anyone have any experiance with the SixSixOne Pressure Suit?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow that is a sweet deal, I am going to order it soon ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
scottyu said:
TRON! TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
;D
DAMN IT i was going to say that!!!!! lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
man thats the problem with jackets these days...just 2 years ago, most jackets out there have like kevlar composite armor. Now they're all just foam padding :mad: I think the Joe Rocket Ballistic Jacket still has hard armor underneath...I think wearing another layer of armor under your jacket could get a lil uncomfortable. Lemme know how that works out for you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
shekshishekki said:
man thats the problem with jackets these days...just 2 years ago, most jackets out there have like kevlar composite armor. Now they're all just foam padding :mad: I think the Joe Rocket Ballistic Jacket still has hard armor underneath...I think wearing another layer of armor under your jacket could get a lil uncomfortable. Lemme know how that works out for you!

thats why i ride shirtless, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,274 Posts
that is fuckin awesome!!!

im wearing the icon field armor now since its too hot for a jacket atm but that, i want that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I ordered it last night from Sierra Trading Post - thanks for the link. I'll write up a review after I wear it a bit
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,199 Posts
Reminds me of LaserTag ;D

The durability looks decent, the most important part (IMO) is the dual-density... ie. hard plastic on the outside and foam on the inside, especially with the back protector. There are too many foam "armor" jackets floating around and I question there level of protection.

I have the Joe Rocket Riot jacket which is similar...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We'll I plan on wearing it under my leathers, I dont think the non-armored parts would hold up to the abrasion of sliding across the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
You know, you can buy GP type armor to replace your foam armor.

Probably costs the same, actually designed with motorcycling in mind and more comfortable to wear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
Jesse H said:
You know, you can buy GP type armor to replace your foam armor.

Probably costs the same, actually designed with motorcycling in mind and more comfortable to wear.
My teknic lightning jacket doesn't have removable armor...the foam armor is stitched into the jacket and doesn't have pockets to keep the armor in place if I did buy GP armor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I have used the pressure suit now for about 400 miles worth of riding and I must say that I still really like it. I had to remove the upper "vertebre" peice and trim the back protector down about 1.5" because it was slightly hitting the back of my helmet, now it fits perfect. I wear it under my leathers and dont even notice that its there. It vents quite well as the jacket part of it is made of all mesh (again another reason to wear it under leathers) Any other questions feel free to ask
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,274 Posts
what made you buy that one instead of the red one? besides price is there a main difference? im seriously looking to get this suit you have man.... talk me into it!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top