Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....

I'd still appreciate some new reviews.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
I've never owned one, but I've ridden the ST many times on dealer demo rides. If I could find a used one at a decent price, I would buy one for a comfortable do it all bike. I personally like the Vtwin of the SV better than the parallel twin, character wise, but the 800 motor has plenty of torque and ~85HP and gets excellent gas mileage. Handles very well in the twisties, although steers a bit different than the SV and you really got to love the whole BMW package of heated grips, computer, ABS, etc. I do know that with the early STs there was an issue with the rear belt sprocket/hub, but I believe that has been fixed. The hub metal was too soft and scored easily. The ST doesn't feel much faster than the SV by my seat of the pants test, but a very nicely, comfortable balanced bike.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Last time I rode it I wasn't impressed at all. With the belt drive it was very herky jerky coming from a stop to a start. I love the v-twin a lot more than the parallel twins, they are a lot smoother. The heated grips were nice...

Also the stock seat was the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you cannot find reviews online, your search-fu is very weak, grasshopper.

·
Registered
43 Posts
From the few demo rides I've done on this motorcycle, I really like it.

Very comfortable and unassuming when slabbing it.

It became a completely different beast when I opened it up in the twisties. The motorcycle devoured the corners.

Very nice motorcycle IMHO, but the BMW tag scares me away.
I.e. What does BMW stand for?
Bring My Wallet.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the parallel twin vs. a v twin. The parallel was a bit "buzzier" and vibrated more.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the opinions guys... I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer about a demo ride...

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I was interested in this bike back when I bought my SV but they are way too much money for what you get. Sat on one a couple times. Never ridden one though.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealer here has a new 2010 for $10K... it's not a great price but, it would come with a warranty and my credit score could get me a decent montly payment. That is being that nothing changes between now and when I would maybe get the bike...

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Is the bike loaded; Heated grips, computer, ABS? Maybe try to get them to throw in the bags if not included. That bike is two yrs old. Try to get more from them. Is this the OTD price plus the financing?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bags not included in the showroom price... I will try to go back this weekend and see if I can talk them into it. I'll try to sit down with them and work up some financing figures, see what I could get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts