Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's time to rebuild Blue Dream from the ground up and finish all the mods i originally had in mind.

First things first - repairing damage sustained from the race season and a wreck on the street. Check out the damage here. There is several nicks and scrapes on the frame and swing arm so i've decided to have the whole thing powder-coated to cover these imperfections.

Second, it's time for some upgrades, I've got a big box of goodies ready to go and several more items to order.

Upgrade list -

K-Tech Fork Cartridges for the GSXR Forks
K-Tech DDS Pro Rear Shock
Brembo Brake Calipers & Master Brake Cylinder
Brembo Brake Wave Rotors
Dymag UP7X Wheels

I have a few more items in mind but for the most part, that should complete the list! I'm waiting for the frame, sub-frame and swing arm to return from powder-coating as well as the new tank and fairings to get back from the paint shop. Hopefully ill have another update soon!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got everything back from powder-coating. Next up, all new bearings, fresh paint on the fairings, new grips, levers and rear sets!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the bike mocked up in my room (kinda looks like a mini bike) while i wait for a few parts. Need a new radiator, grips, levers and I'm getting a few small bits and pieces powder-coated black. About to take the fairings off to paint to paint and then i should be ready to assemble.

Decide to postpone the suspension upgrades (Fork internals / Rear Shock) since i just bought a second SV for the race track. It'll take priority for now and the ZX10 / GSXR forks are already decent.

·
MOTORADOR
10,817 Posts
How are YOU doing?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How are YOU doing?
Thanks for asking! I'm hanging in there and getting better every day, it's definitely not a fast process by any means. I'm going to see an orthopedic doctor to see how my bones are healing and i anticipate starting physical therapy when i do. It's crazy how fast your muscles atrophy - I've lost 23 lbs since my wreck 4 weeks ago - guess ill chalk that up to weight reduction!! Currently my right arm is in a sling and i don't even have the strength to lift it up so that's going to take some work. My ribs only hurt if i cough or laugh so i probably have a few more weeks of healing there. All in all I'm lucky it wasn't worse. I'm keeping my head high and thankfully to have a lot of friends checking in on me and visiting, the CMRA is an amazing community of people!

I am going crazy sitting around at home doing nothing though!! I watched all 6 seasons of Game of Thrones in 2 weeks. Guess this is a good time to do some reading and see what i can learn.

·
MOTORADOR
10,817 Posts
Dang man, I guess at this point I can only send lots of good vibes your way. Still, if there is anything you think I can do to support your recovery, don't hesitate to ask.

Here's for a ful recovery!

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally pulled Blue Dream out of storage to finish her up! Dusted her off, installed the new radiator, the custom M4 exhaust, and clip-ons. Have to order a few small parts (Anyone have a 05-08 GSXR600/750 Clutch Perch?) and pick up the body work from the paint shop after the holidays.

Album: https://imgur.com/a/HOgovB5#S6IoTTW

Stay tuned! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts