Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey did you guys know that the 03 SVS will also be available in blue, as well as the silver and orange!! i didnt know this until early yesterday evening after i got off the phone with suzuki. If you guys dont remember, i was the one with the 01 blue svs that the conn rod broke on the highway, and my rear wheel locked up. well being with out a bike since the end of june, and the ridding season being over now in PA, and still being without a bike, suzuki decided to compensate me for that, so i went down to the dealership, and met with the owner and the suzuki rep, and they decided just to take my 01 off my hands and give me an 03 SVS, the rep asked me what color i wanted, and i said i really like the blue, but since its only available on the naked SV, ill take the silver SVS. the he corrected me and said the blue was available on the 03 SVS model, and that it just wasent up on their website. So i was pumped and i said ill take the blue one!!! so, the owner placed a blue on order for me, and ill have the 1st one to arrive reserved for me!!!! the rep said i should be in possibly late december, but most likley ill have it mid january. IM PUMPED!!!! fuel injection and a digital readout on the gauge cluster, i cant wait!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sweeeet

That's sounds like a nice resolution made by Suzuki. I'm glad that they stepped up and compensated you appropriately.

So, I take it you're satisified with the outcome! :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Jut, Glad to hear a good resolution to your trial and tribulations! :) Still sh***y that it took so long. I'm glad your happy though. Don't know if I will buy another Suzuk after hearing about all this though. But I think I'll keep my '02 for a while.

Congrats again! and give us a review when you get her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
\" \" said:
...so i went down to the dealership, and met with the owner and the suzuki rep, and they decided just to take my 01 off my hands and give me an 03 SVS
I'm glad to hear they will compesate in some way all the problems you had, but I'm courious I remember they also made you an offer to take another bike right away, so what happend ?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE

yeah, they were going to give me another 01 SVS that was down there, but i told them that i did not feel comfortable on the same bike, and since the new SVS has a different motor with fuel injection and everything, when he offered me that, i gladly accepted! It did take awhile, but it turns out the reason it took so long is that the customer service guy i was dealing was making false promises to me, and telling me he would do things that he had no power to do, so we got in touch with his supervisor, who treated us extremely well, and took care of the problem right away. dont get me wrong, im very upset that i missed out on so much ridding, but nothing can change that, atleast im being compensated, and the suzuki supervisor has been more than willing to compensate me and help me out, up until that point, i upset with suzuki, but because of him, suzuki is still a good company in my book!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, there will be a blue 03'

I checked the website and they list the colors as silver and blue.
I had not noticed that before, I was just about to buy a 02' because
I wanted a blue SV650S, now I think I will wait till the 03's come out early next year.
I do like how the rear brake caliper is located above the
swingarm, but I'm not too happy with that ultra short front fender.
I will have to look at the bike in person to decide if I'm
going for the 02 or 03.

I am glad that Suzuki took care of the problem, makes you wonder
what other makes would do. I know what HD would do...warranty? what does that mean?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you mind asking him if there are any other color combos planned and not posted? I sure would like that SV1000N in that metallic copper but it is not listed on their website in the naked model.

David

·
Registered
26 Posts
colors

are you sure its not a 02 blue? they can still order those...

03 blue svs is in the same boat as the black/orange gix1000; ie. that they are not USA bikes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Must be nice...

Hey Justin, glad to hear you got your new bike the easy way. Myself on the other hand have just purchased the services of a lawyer and will see what kind of resolution I can get from Suzuki now. My lawyer is going to use the lemon law in our state(WI) to hopefully get me fully compensated for all my troubles(of which there have been many) and also get a new bike. So, if I do get a new bike, there will be a brand new 2003 SV for sale with no miles on it. I don't really want another SV, but I will take it and sell it. Kinda off the topic, but as I was putting my engine pieces away, I noticed stress cracks on one side of the case. I know your case cracked, did you have any of these stress marks? Kinda scary knowing if I had ridden a couple more times I could have had flying shrapnel between my legs. Not a comforting image. Well anyway congratulations on your triumph.

Kurt

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
blue sucks! Copper is sweet! I would have said "sexy" but I hate when people use that to describe anything like a computer display or motorcycle or car or lawnmower or sllingshot

·
Registered
153 Posts
umm I think you are mistaken. Blue is by far the fastest. Copper comes in 4th after yellow and silver.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts