Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many here know what I was doing to starve the front cylinder of oil. I knew better before I did it 馃槄
Now it has a nasty knock in the bottom end and a lot of clatter from the top of the front cylinder.

It is time to put a new engine in it. My mechanical skills are mainly from the automotive industry.

What should I expect? Are there any specialty tools I should order before I start? Should I just grab an engine from Ebay? Is there a recommend place to get an engine from?

I've seen threads talking about how easy it is and I've seen threads talking about the frustrations. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Sky Cloud

Registered
I found an engine on Ebay for about $500 with less than 18k miles. Needed valve adjustment but runs very well. The best tip I can give is to use straps (tie downs) and a jack to boost the engine into the frame. I think I bought the special socket at Motion Pro.

Registered
If an idiot like me pulled it off, you definitely can.

Only special tool I needed was a motion pro castle nut tool for motor mounts. Took me two days, about 3 hours each. But I鈥檓 not so experienced with mechanical stuff. Still got it running so.. W

1 - 4 of 4 Posts