Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a bit of an electrical problem on my 2001 US model SK1. I have full functionality of headlight (hi/low beam), running and brake lights, but my front and rear blinkers do not work. Does anyone have a list of things I should check to troubleshoot this?

I'll outline what I have done and what I think may be the problem. Hopefully those with more experience may chime and let me know if I'm on the right track or not.

The turn signal/headlight hi/low beam switch I got is a brand new OEM part so I doubt the switch it faulty. I also have a brand new OEM front wiring subharness the switch plugs into. The blinkers plug into the new wiring subharness. I checked for power to the light green and black wires at the blinker conncetions with a test light but have nothing in the front or rear. Traced it back to the big pin coming into the front subharness from the main harness and no power there either.

I found a clipped/disconnected wire at the relay box (right beside the fuse box in the same housing piece) which I thought may be the fix. It was a light blue wire that the wiring diagram shows running straight to the turn signal switch but when I reconnected the light blue wire, no dice. There is also an orange wire with a green stripe there that isn't connected to anything.

What else can I check to ensure that I'm not overlooking anything stupid? I suppose I could get a new relay and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
I believe the orange/green wire is alsi for the flasher relay? Are the signals stock? If aomeone owned it before you, they mightve had an aftermarket relay wired in for aftermarket led signals. When he sold it, he mightve removed them and the aftermarket relay, put stock signals back on, and didnt bother connecting the wires back to the relay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts