Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still adjusting to on-road from off-road and those dirt bikes just don't have horns, blinkers, or even headlights. (at least the old yz250 two stroke I ride does'nt). I just can't remember to turn off that dern blinker. I will even say to myself when approaching a turn "self turn off that blinker after you negotiate that turn", but when the clutch releases, and the throttle opens up, and the g's kick in my brain just forgets all about that blinker.
I've got over 6k on my bike, bought it with 1600 on it so out of the 4400 or so I've put on it, I'll bet I got over 1000 blinker miles. My friend Dave whom I ride with occasionally pulls up next to me and shakes his head at me, letting me know I left it on again.

I followed a HD home from work the other day alone hwy133 between Southport and Wilmington nc and he had his right blinker on the whole way.
So I guess at least some other people do it to.

How about you guys? Are there any other BLINKER MILE LOGGERS here on SVR.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Get in the habit of pushing your blinker cancel button a few times every so often after you have made a turn or a lane change. I also came from a dirt bike background, and it did take awhile to train myself in this way.

Also, there's a few devices that you can install that will auto-cancel your blinker for you after 15 seconds or 30 seconds or 1 minute.

I decided to train myself rather than let a device be lazy for me. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Get in the habit of pushing your blinker cancel button a few times every so often after you have made a turn or a lane change. I also came from a dirt bike background, and it did take awhile to train myself in this way.

Also, there's a few devices that you can install that will auto-cancel your blinker for you after 15 seconds or 30 seconds or 1 minute.

I decided to train myself rather than let a device be lazy for me. :)
+1 I push my blinker cancel button all the time...Just habit I guess

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I followed a HD home from work the other day alone hwy133 between Southport and Wilmington nc and he had his right blinker on the whole way.
So I guess at least some other people do it to.

How about you guys? Are there any other BLINKER MILE LOGGERS here on SVR.

sometihing broken, Harleys are one of the few bikes that have self cancelling blinkers, my old Yamaha (xv920r) does as well

·
Registered
895 Posts
Just remember that blinker fluid runs out if you don't cancel your turn signals.
I think Rotella takes care of this for you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sometihing broken, Harleys are one of the few bikes that have self cancelling blinkers, my old Yamaha (xv920r) does as well

come up to the light, goto put blinker on , no need to, i've been turning right for the last 3 miles.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm already running synthetic blinker fluid, you'd think that would solve the problem would'nt ya.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oooooooooooo I like that. The Signalminder. who woulda thunk it. Does you know offhand if we have a 2 pin or a 3 pin plug?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Looks like the one you would need is the 3M3SV

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the sv have a 2 pin or a 3 pin plug. I like that-The signalMinder you might have just saved my life.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks didnt mean to ask twice

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Either get used to canceling the signal or not using it at all and using hand signals. You don't need to give drivers the idea that your turning, and having them turn in front of you. Most drivers are careful, but as we all know there are also quite a few that need very little excuse to do the old "Left turn and kill the biker" event we see so often.:-[

1 - 16 of 16 Posts