Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One morning I go out to my bike and when I turn on my left blinker the tach needle jumps and the blinkers don't work... However my right side blinkers work fine... I'm kinda a noob so I check fuses and they are fine... Now I'm lost??

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
To eliminate the signal switch you can test for continuity with a meter. With the switch set for left signals, there should be continuity between the light blue wire and the black wire. When you checked the fuses, was this just a visual test? You can test for voltage at the fuse by touching the black probe to the neg battery terminal and the red probe to the top of the fuse at each end, those two little metal nubs. One for incoming voltage and the other for outgoing voltage. Since the right side works, I don't think this is a fuse issue.

When testing the signal switch for continuity, have the ignition off. Check all the wiring and connectors to the left signals as well as the plugs to the gauges. Perhaps a loose ground. Test the bulbs as well. Not sure about the tach jumping.

·
Registered
35 Posts
mine started going glitchy when the battery cable was loose. if you aren't able to find the problem with yours, maybe double check the good connection on the battery cables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts