Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was truing to bleed my gsxr brakes today but it was no good. I have a Mityvac with pump. Do I have to overhaul (is that the right word?) my calipers? No fluid is running through them. The pads are stuck clamping my rotors. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Never used the Mityvac or pump, but here goes:

Bleed nipple open?

MC open?

The more information you can provide, the faster and more accurately the moto gurus on this board (and I am certainly NOT one of them) can diagnose your problem...

·
Registered
107 Posts
What I've normally done in the past with fronts is pull the caliper, get it higher (above) Master cylinder level and squeeze the lever with the bleeder cracked open.  After you sqeeze and before you let go of the lever, shut the bleeder (prolly need help, I generally use a section of innertube around the lever)  Make sure you gotta something in the caliper to kep the pistons from extending too far though.

Hopefuly this makes sense,
'Hound

·
Registered
653 Posts
did the brakes work properly at any point? You said they're squeezing the rotors.

I had the same problem with my mityvac. You hae t okeep pumping every 2 seconds for a minute to get fluid into the line after a hose change. Or just keep pumping the lever with bleed open then closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts