Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
699 Posts
Some people find them ALL difficult, and even professionals mess them up once in a while. 😉 If I were to rate those three from most to least difficult…

1) Tire change;
2) Brake bleeding/fluid change/maintenance;
3) Oil change.

Don’t get me wrong. ANY of these can quickly turn difficult when something unexpected happens. All I do is read the Service Manual procedure and follow the directions! But what happens if your oil filter or drain bolt is seized on, for example? That’s when mechanics make their money, or those with the tools and aptitude can recover much more quickly.

Or a BETTER example… Ask poor @Geo Smith how ‘easy’ a simple brake fluid replacement and bleeding has been? 😉

· Registered
699 Posts
One other thing I wanted to know is which of these tasks involve the most in terms of tools needed in terms of dollar amount? is it words getting my own nice hoses to bleed my brakes or a really nice center stand sort of mount for changing or rotating my tires?
I’m wondering what you have in terms of space/place to do the work? Do you have a house with a garage or big driveway, or just an apartment parking lot?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts