Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
LOL! That place is still in business? I would have thought the noise police would have shut them down by now! I remember renting that track for $400 a day during the week... and freakin' turtles on the track in the mornings... Is Ed Key still spankin' the young kids like he did Kevin Shwantz and John Kocinski in the 80's? :D

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know Ed is still running, saw him at a couple ccs races last year, he is smooth :D yea they are still around, its a pretty nice track, wish we could rent it now for $400 day :(

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
In my day, by comparison to EVERYplace else, it was a dump in a swamp! The only reason we didn't complain was that it was close by and you could get to it in 90 minutes or less. Guess they must have fixed it up some... We used to especially enjoy those transitions from the asphalt straights to the concrete turns. Some of them were only an inch difference in surface height. The washboard on the outer 1/2 of the carousel was useful too... Kept everyone in a nice long single file line.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Brian, I'm on call and will not be there. I think Silen7Cartographer will be there. So will much of the Wsiconsinsportbike group. It will be a good day if the temps get nice. The May date will be even better and I will be there that morning to take photos as well but I have to work that afternoon so I will not be riding.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well tomorrow is still looking like good weather, got the scooter filled up with gas and oil.
not sure if we are running up for the May day or not, but will be there for a few races this summer.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
FYI, you will need to register the pitbike when you are there. Ask about it when you sign in.

Have fun, it's going to be beautiful, take your sunscreen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts