Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might sound silly I suppose, but do dealerships sell black 05 sv650s's??

I saw one the other day and personally I think it looks better than an R6, I noticed on oneida they sell the cowlings/fairings for sv's in black so I figured dealerships also had that kind of ability...I'd hate to have to buy a blue or yellow one -_- (even though they look sweet too, just not quite as nice)

I'd love to be able to get the plastics/tank in black, then just buy the fairings/hump online (cheaper than dealership I imagine)

·
Registered
684 Posts
no black ones. make friends with a autobody guy, its always helpful!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahhh durr, my bad...

shit I wonder how much it would be to paint it black then...anyone know an average how much that would cost to get done? Only one color right? :-\

damn, why do manufacturers always make the big bikes look nicer, those bastards....oh well, the dark blue is still very cool. (I have all black/white gear though!! damn)
:p

do any of you know someone who has done this before? Paint just one solid color and how much they paid? The decals can be bought for cheap too right?

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
What you could do, is buy some compatible fairings for the bike you buy, maybe slightly defective, scratched or something...then repair it and paint it yourself.

Painting isn't necessiarily hard, just requires a good amount of steps, and that you do them correctly.

Since it's a bike you won't have THAT much to work with, compared to a car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My dad owns an autobody business and I have an idea for what it would cost you.
You probably won't like this, but my guess is $500 (Canadian) which is approx $400 US??
I wouldn't recommend painting a new bike yourself. I've seen some eye-openers in the shop from what people try! :eek:
Get it done right the first time.

·
Registered
836 Posts
PaPa-G said:
What you could do, is buy some compatible fairings for the bike you buy, maybe slightly defective, scratched or something...then repair it and paint it yourself.

Painting isn't necessiarily hard, just requires a good amount of steps, and that you do them correctly.

Since it's a bike you won't have THAT much to work with, compared to a car.
In that same regard...you could probably get a professional paint job for your bike tank/half fairing/fender/tail section for $300.

I'd say...try it yourself..but if you haven't before, you'll mess up! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
If it had dual exhaust cans then it was the SV1000

:)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$400, well to be honest that was the figure I was thinking of! :D

I've heard some outrageous numbers before around my area of people who painted their bikes (for thousands of dollars! I live in hawaii) but they had many colors and graphics, I figure just a black factory paint job or a glossy black would look fantastic and couldn't possibly be too expensive, 400 is an estimate I can live with :) (thanks)

and the bike I saw (on google) definetly doesn't like a 1000:
http://www.mp-team.fi/images/messut/SV650S-KOKOKATTEELLA.jpg

says 650 i think, very nice though, don't you think?

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's sweet. I was thinking about buying one and painting it black, but, sv1000 would be fun and I wouldn't have to paint it!! I'll let you guys know which way I go when the 2006's come out!! :)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there's a 2006 model of the sv??

I only saw pictures of the new gixxers...if they have a black 06 and I buy that thing in blue, then i"ll be p/o'd.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ive got a black 01 SVS, previous owner repainted it. It needs some clear work on the tank so Im contemplating on if I want to do a sutale flame job incorperated into the Suzuki lettering. Your price on painting will have alot of variance, its one of those deals where you get what you pay for, unless you know someone personally that will cut you a deal.

Heres something similar to what I want to do for the lettering, I would do blue fire.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ahh very nice...I have seen quite a few 02 (and earlier) black SV's...A friend of mine's dad paints race bikes as a side job (he lives in arizona though) and he said he would charge a stranger 500 bucks to do what I'm asking, basically a glossy black paint job on full fairings/tank and the factory SV decals on it.

he does good work, I wish I lived in arizona :(

and those flames look sweet, kinda like that "trueflame" paintjob that I see on hotrods nowdays.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Titusss said:
there's a 2006 model of the sv??

I only saw pictures of the new gixxers...if they have a black 06 and I buy that thing in blue, then i"ll be p/o'd.
the date on the photo says 2004...so its not a 2006, although im praying for 2006 to come in black too. Probably just a good repaint.

·
Registered
166 Posts
After seeing the picture, and looking at the frame, and seeing the date on the picture, the frame and wheels are black, which didn't come out until late 2004 on the 05's, which is kind of weird!! thought I'd throw that in!! 8)

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
diulei said:
Hm, that black SV does look good.

+1......... Yes it does....... I am glad that was posted. I have been seriously considering that.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes it does look good, I was thinking it must have been a custom job...or a suzuki trade show?

who knows, i'll definetly get it painted though....looks friggin sweet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts