Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I feel sorry for the guy who purchased this bike in the first place. Poor investment choice, or maybe he just has a crush on Lawerence Fishburne.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Many people put down the movie because they don't see what the movie is about. A kid feels betrayed by club he felt was family after his father died. Hurting, he looked to fill the void. He met up with a few guys not of his color or background, but shared the love of motorcycles.

Deep inside he still wanted to make his (believed)father proud. He also wanted to prove to himself that he was better than the reigning king of cali.

He was an upstart, someone that started from nothing going through his mistakes to earn his respect. His brothers sticking by his side no matter what, no questions asked. People can knock the movie all they want because many see the stupid(I agree) special effects and tire screeching while they're on dirt. It was about brotherhood, a bunch of outcasts banding together to look out for eachother. Much like a bunch of guys on girls bikes making excuses why the SV is the best bike for the twisties.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I watched the last 10 mins of that movie the other night, saw the big race and everything!! Still can't figure out why they were racing on a dirt road?

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
I watched the last 10 mins of that movie the other night, saw the big race and everything!! Still can't figure out why they were racing on a dirt road?
It's a metephor.

the dirt represents change over time. As dirt was once organic material the protagonist was once a tormented soul. The race upon dirt represents his acceptance of his past and his embrace of the future. Closure for his troubles if you will.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Many people put down the movie because they don't see what the movie is about. A kid feels betrayed by club he felt was family after his father died. Hurting, he looked to fill the void. He met up with a few guys not of his color or background, but shared the love of motorcycles.

Deep inside he still wanted to make his (believed)father proud. He also wanted to prove to himself that he was better than the reigning king of cali.

He was an upstart, someone that started from nothing going through his mistakes to earn his respect. His brothers sticking by his side no matter what, no questions asked. People can knock the movie all they want because many see the stupid(I agree) special effects and tire screeching while they're on dirt. It was about brotherhood, a bunch of outcasts banding together to look out for eachother. Much like a bunch of guys on girls bikes making excuses why the SV is the best bike for the twisties.
lulwut

Dude I saw 15 minutes of this movie the other day and was ready to poke my eyes with hot coals. Hey, you like that story...that's great and all but the execution of it was poor at best. The acting was just terrible. And in the middle of it all it's a sh!tty motorcycle movie.

Hey to each their own. ;)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
It's a metephor.

the dirt represents change over time. As dirt was once organic material the protagonist was once a tormented soul. The race upon dirt represents his acceptance of his past and his embrace of the future. Closure for his troubles if you will.
Nice.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
wow, biker boyz is a sore subject for you Enrico?
Not a sore subject at all. Too many people claim to be open minded but yet close themselves inside a box. Yes I agree the movie was horribly executed, yes I agree they could've made it a better movie, but if one dissects the story line and tears away all the hoopla with the flashy bikes and stupid effects to a simple story line, then they might have something worth seeing.

Simple note: there's supposed to be this brotherhood with people that have bikes. Yet you see many clubs where members are of only one background(black, white, or hispanic).

Yet you also witnessed this animosity between people that have different style of bikes without really knowing the owner(SV vs i4, i4 vs Harley, Ducati vs non-Ducati etc..). Now comes a fellow(the founder) that didn't fit into all that bullsh1t. He rode with who he wanted, he rode with the guys that were there during the bad times. Guys that stuck together. A shame people can't see that. I guess thats what happens after decades of film where the stories take a back seat to fluff.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I'm sure there is a deep serious scene to the movie, but all I could see is the silly parts that make the movie seem more like a joke.

Ice Cube on the cell phone while reading a map on his bike in traffic.

or most of the stupid stunts in the movie.

or the MMT Y2K bike race through the city (with the jet engine).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts