Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

With a bent handlebar on my wife's '01 naked, I figured now was a good time to experiment with the Bikemaster bars I've been wanting to try. For the same price as the stock bars, I order 4 of the Bikemaster bars from Bike Bandit: Daytona, GP Touring, Superbike, and European.

My criteria for choosing bars is that i want to maintain the stock lines. Any higher than that would be awkwardly high anyway. I determined (by sitting on the bar-less bike and holding the bars to the risers) that the Daytona bar has too much rise, and the European was just kinda weird feeling--the grip area seems to dive-bomb downward. The remaining 2 that I tried were the Superbike and GP Touring.

Here are some a/b pics of each. (I just realized that I don't have the bar-ends installed for the GP bars, so don't let that throw you off.)

Superbike:

GP touring:

Superbike:

GP touring:

Superbike:

GP touring:

Both of them are wider, which is good.

The Superbike bar is possibly too wide. It's slightly lower than stock, and much flatter. No re-routing of cables is necessary. As a bonus, this bar looks killer. I award it this emoticon: :rock:

The GP bar is very similar to the stock bar in its angles, just wider and slightly closer to the rider.. I had to re-route the electrical cables behind the forks. The throttle cable wants to return slightly slower when turned hard right, so I'll try adjusting the cable slack to remedy this. I award the GP with this emoticon: :thumbsup:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts