Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bikemaster.com has some great prices on handlebars...anyone got any feedback/advice? i have an 05 sv650, im 6'1 185, and want a good set.
thanks a ton guys

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Had their Superbike bars for 6k now, there are many other users as well that I'm sure will chime in.

No problems yet. The finish isn't all that great, but functionally work fine.

·
Hall Monitor
2,739 Posts
Have used them on many bikes, have had zero problem with them, would not hesitate to buy them again.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I got a set that wasn't quite bent right, so look them over be for installing. Other than that, I've used a few different styles, and likes super-bike the best.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what's the stance like on the super bike bars compared to stock?

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Poth, you are my hero man, thanks for taking time for that. I think I want something one step lower than the superbike bars. ( my back has issues) i gotta stay bent forward or I start hurting pretty bad.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Superbike bars will bend you pretty forward, especially if you scoot back in the seat. Your wrists will also be straighter, as the bars have less pull back than stock.

If you want more, you could try drag bars which will be lower and even less pull back.

Could also just go to clip ors, or try clubman bars. They will be lower but with more pull back.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Here are a couple pics of my svs with naked triple clamps with risers and superbike bars. The finish scratches kinda easy but they were cheap and they they are much more comfortable than clipons. Best mod I've done to date - especially coupled with Buell footpegs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Any clearance issues with the superbike or European bars? I just put OEM bars on my 2002 S and I had to trim quite a bit of the windshield - less rise would certainly help, but I'm worried about less pullback (and wider, but that can be trimmed). Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
On my 2003, at full lock, the controls are within 3/8" of the tank but dont hit and there is no clearance issue with the fairing. I've got no idea how they are on a first gen though.

Any clearance issues with the superbike or European bars? I just put OEM bars on my 2002 S and I had to trim quite a bit of the windshield - less rise would certainly help, but I'm worried about less pullback (and wider, but that can be trimmed). Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
On my 2003, at full lock, the controls are within 3/8" of the tank but dont hit and there is no clearance issue with the fairing. I've got no idea how they are on a first gen though.
+1, Me and Scott have the same setup, as a matter of fact, I kind of copied the idea of Superbike bars from him.

1/4" clearance on mine at full lock, coupled with Buell pegs its much more comfortable.

I don't know about going lower, theres not much pullback so as long as you keep your elbows bent, you'll be leaning forward.

Check out cycle-ergo.com and modify the settings with the specs given in the pic above.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I'm ordering both drag and super bars, I really appreciate all the input,etc. I'll post up when I install.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts