Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, bike was outside when it rained.. I started it and brought it back in. Now about 3 hours later i try to start it again. Turn the ignition to "on" and it does its normal thing... when i go to start it , nothing??? wont even turn over... anyone know the problem?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you check the obvious...accidental hitting of the kill switch? Sometimes we tend to overlook the simplest thing,
Good luck

N

·
0 Posts
bald fat old guy said:
Did you check the obvious...accidental hitting of the kill switch? Sometimes we tend to overlook the simplest thing,
Good luck
Twenty five years of wrenchin', and the simple stuff still bites me in the a$$ occasionally- good question!

Have you bypassed the clutch interlock yet?

:)

J

·
0 Posts
Because the plugs are recessed into the head so far there is a drain hole so that if my chance water gets past the boot on the wire it will drain out. And on occasion that hole will get plugged with dust, dirt, etc. Try cleaning it out with a pipe cleaner.
Another possible problem. If the seal is bad on the gas cap and you were low on gas water could of gotten into the tank. (It would have to be a lot of water and not very much gas at all for this to be considered). This happened on my bike when I washed it.

Just some possible fixes. Not saying they will be a fix just a suggestion

·
Registered
113 Posts
nc_sv650 said:
Twenty five years of wrenchin', and the simple stuff still bites me in the a$$ occasionally- good question!

Have you bypassed the clutch interlock yet?

:)
That happened to me and after replacing a unrelated good part I ended up by passing that switch .Great point also check all the fuses including on the starter relay which was the main cause of my bike not starting.

·
Registered
113 Posts
svfool said:
have you checked your fuses. dont forget the main fuse.
Your massage displays private info like my IP # and what browser I am using.If this is a joke it is not funny.Could you clairify pl or I have to assume my computer is hacked.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it was the plug connection on the clutch lever...
some how it managed to move its self out and one of the prongs was bent... ???

fixed now thanks all!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts